Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Serious Problem

Quote Reply
Serious Problem
All of a sudden, when I'm reviewing sites, if I delete a site it doesn't get deleted. The sites just reappear again on the next validate page with no catagory pre-selected. I haven't made any changes to the server. Adding sites seams to work, at least as far as I can tell.

I thought it may be a problem with the database. I restored the most recent backup but there were problems with that too. I got a lot of error messages like this.

WARNING: Unable to import `7442 200 2004-11-29' (line 107905 of /usr/vdomains/domain.com/cgi-bin/links/admin/admin/backup/BACKUP.1): Can't open file: 'lsql_Verify.MYI'. (errno: 145) Only that table had the errors, and check it in phpmyadmin the table shows "in use". Mysqlman shows a blank in the tables "records" column. Not a zero, just blank.

There are also a bunch of other problems croping up, incorrect category counts, orphans, etc.

Should I just create new tables, overwriting the existing data, and then do a restore from a backup?
Quote Reply
Re: [Spacemanspiff] Serious Problem In reply to
Have you tried repairing your MySQL tables? It sounds like they may have been corrupted.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Serious Problem In reply to
Yeah, that's the first thing I tried. No luck.
Quote Reply
I also get this error message in mysqlman in "list tables"

Error
MySQL said: Can't open file: 'lsql_Verify.MYI'. (errno: 145).
Query: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM lsql_Verify
Quote Reply
Have you checked that the file (lsql_Verify.MYI) exists and the permissions on the file are correct?

Adrian
Quote Reply
May want to also try a MyISAMChk, http://dev.mysql.com/....0/en/myisamchk.html

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Serious Problem In reply to
There isn't s lsql_Verify.MYI file. There are no .MYI files at all.

I'm asking the tech support guys to try those maintainence routines on the database. That's a little above my pay grade. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks for all the help.
Quote Reply
That did it. All's right with the world now.

Thanks again.