Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Search with user date format in sql-date field

Quote Reply
Search with user date format in sql-date field
Hello,

I know, how to display Add_Date and other date fields in link.html and detailed.html.

But I didn't find anything helpful in the forum for this:

I want to give the opportunity to search for links by Add_Date, but that way, so the user can put into the form date format he knows: dd.mm.yyyy

Can anybody help me?

Thanks,

Stephan
Quote Reply
Re: [steve04] Search with user date format in sql-date field In reply to
Did you find out anything yet ? If yes, do let me know.

Nakul Goyal
www.nakulgoyal.com
SEO, SEP, SEM and Link Building Expert
>> Nakul Goyal (SEO, Link Building Expert)
Web Site Promotion
Tips 'n' Tricks
SEO News

Quote Reply
Antwort: [nakulgoyal] Re: [steve04] Search with user date format in sql-date field In reply to
No, I didn't find a solution. I'm not a programmer, so I need a step-by-step-guide to understand what to do. So you can make a very fine x-mas present to me ... if you explain me, what to do.

Thank You,

Stephan
Quote Reply
Re: [steve04] Antwort: [nakulgoyal] Re: [steve04] Search with user date format in sql-date field In reply to
Basicly you need something like search.cgi?Add_Date=2003-12-16;
there are different ways to to that, one could be to pass a user three fields with d/m/y then use javascript to find a new var with the right value.

Another thing could be in search.pm to ask for the three ones d/m/y and put them together to Add_Date = $y."-".$m."-".$d
Quote Reply
Antwort: [Robert] Re: [steve04] Antwort: [nakulgoyal] Re: [steve04] Search with user date format in sql-date field In reply to
Yes, I need something that changes
<input type="text" name="Add_Date" value="30.12.2003">
in the form into
Add_Date= '2003-12-30'
in the MySQL-query.

I don't know the way, but the result should be in this manner.

How do I do that?

Thanks, Stephan

Last edited by:

steve04: Dec 18, 2003, 1:27 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [steve04] Antwort: [Robert] Re: [steve04] Antwort: [nakulgoyal] Re: [steve04] Search with user date format in sql-date field In reply to
In which files we have to make modifications
Megrisoft
Web Hosting Company
India Software Company
SEO Company