Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Reviews problem

Quote Reply
Reviews problem
Please can someone help. I've imported all my reviews from Links2 but now when I click on 'show reviews' it is not showing the correct reviews. It seems to be searching for the ID and pulling out all the reviews which contain this number in their Review_Link_ID field. For example, for my link with ID=1, it is showing all the reviews for links with ID 1,11,12,13,14,...,21,31,...

The statistics are correct.

I've tried doing rebuild search, resync database and I can't think what to try next. Please can anyone help me with why this might be happening?

Thanks, Laura.
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Reviews problem In reply to
its just the way it sorts them out.
Quote Reply
Re: [incik] Reviews problem In reply to
Thanks for replying incik.

I think I probably haven't explained it well enough - I'm getting reviews for lots of different links when I only want the ones for a particular link.

I've partially fixed it by adding <%Links::Utils::load_reviews%> to the top of my 'review_search_results' template. The problem that I have now is that the span pages is still there when it is not needed. I must have changed something somewhere which is making the review program search within the ID field instead of only taking exact matches but I have no idea what it was that I did.

If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate some suggestions?

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Reviews problem In reply to
I am now no longer sure that this is my fault. I think it may just be that I didn't notice the problem before I imported my reviews.

I've tried to find another site which has a lot of reviews within the resources section but I've been unsuccessful. Please can someone else who is using reviews on their site tell me whether this also happens on their site - or give me a url with a review for a link with an id greater than 10 so I can see?

To check whether there is a problem have a look at your reviews for links 1 to 9 - do you have reviews which really belong to a different link?

Thanks, Laura.