Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Removing New, Cool & Rated from Build.pm?

Quote Reply
Removing New, Cool & Rated from Build.pm?
Hi All,

As im not using these pages im wondering if removing the New, Cool & Rated subs from Build.pm have any effects on other area's of Links SQL?

Ill be backing up the Build before i go ahead with this.

thanks,

Charlie

Comedy Quotes - Glinks 3.3.0, PageBuilder, StaticURLtr, CAPTCHA, User_Edit_Profile

Quote Reply
Re: [Chas-a] Removing New, Cool & Rated from Build.pm? In reply to
Wouldn't recommend it. Why not just edit it out of the tempaltes?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Removing New, Cool & Rated from Build.pm? In reply to
Thats true, trouble is the pages are there for anyone to type in address manually and as im using custom templates they look hidious, guess i could always over write them with one Pagebuilder page tho.

Cheers.

Comedy Quotes - Glinks 3.3.0, PageBuilder, StaticURLtr, CAPTCHA, User_Edit_Profile

Quote Reply
Why not just edit the templates so they have blank values? i.e just empty the templates out that you want want to use. That way, if they manually type the URL in, they just get a blank page :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Removing New, Cool & Rated from Build.pm? In reply to
Even better Andy.

I thank you Smile

Quote Reply
Would be nice if there were build_new, build_cool, build_rate Yes/No in admin build options

Would be good, too, if we could change the case of Cool, New, and Rating to all lower case - cool, new, rating. I haven't found this if it's there.

------------------------------------------

Last edited by:

DogTags: Feb 18, 2004, 2:03 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] Removing New, Cool & Rated from Build.pm? In reply to
It is there I think - you need to go to the admin->setup->paths and urls and check the box at the bottom to show all the rest and you should be able to change to lowercase there.
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Removing New, Cool & Rated from Build.pm? In reply to
Oh, dang! Crazy

Quote:
Update other paths and URL's to reflect base? If selected, path's like What's New, What's Cool, etc will automatically be updated, otherwise click here to view them and set them manually.

Still wish we could just turn off the new, cool, and ratings.

Thanks for your help Smile

------------------------------------------

Last edited by:

DogTags: Feb 19, 2004, 4:47 AM