Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

formatting issues

Quote Reply
formatting issues
Alex,

The category browser is using a much, much larger font than it needs to. It takes up about 1/3 of the screen on my monitor. The font should be dropped to a very small size, since it's a reference area, that should be browseable and as such, fit as much data into a small space as possible. Something along the lines of the

Edit | Delete | Move | Copy |

options in the links in the right panel.

Also, something that sounded good in another thread:

Edit | Delete | Move | Copy | LinkOwner

Where LinkOwner would pop up a page with the user information and list of links for the owner of the current link.

Very often you might want to see what other links that owner had, and that is a very convenient place to do it. I can actually see using that feature more than the Delete, Move or Copy options, and possibly more than the Edit one.

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://postcards.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
Re: formatting issues In reply to
Hi,

The font size is 2 for the text, and 1 for the links. Or is it the font face that's causing the problems?

As for LinkOwner, should the editor be able to see the linkowners info (password and email address?).. Hmm, I'll look at putting that in, added it to the list. =)

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Well, let's put it this way.... I'm using MSIE in the default configuration. The category tree has a "light airy" look to it, that wastes a lot of space. Maybe if you specified a point size rather than a 1 or 2 it might work better. I don't know, really. But I know I would rather see it in a 1 than 2, maybe in a tighter font as well, such as Arial. The more categories you have, the more you want to be able to see.

That's an interesting issue. Is there a difference between Admin and Editors? I would think so. Some sites might want editors to be able to edit passwords, but I would think in general, only Administrators should do that. I also think passwords should be encrypted, so that's moot :)

I think too, that from this screen password should not be shown, and none of the user information should be able to be edited. This is a convenience feature. If the user needs to be edited, then there should be a link, that goes through the standard admin/verify/access proceedure.

The benefit is that an editor can see the user record (name, stats, etc) and the list of the users links -- as an aid to validating/verifying links. This is not a "user management" area.

make sense what I'm driving at??

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://pugdog.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
Hi,

There is now an Owner link in the category browser which will take you to a list of links that users owns, and on that template any user tags are available.

Also, when browsing users in the database menu, you can see how many links each user owns and there are quick links to modify/delete them.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.