Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

add fields...

Quote Reply
add fields...
How do you add fields that are avaible to your template, in Alpha10 (edit defs files?) ?

Are

Quote Reply
Re: add fields... In reply to
Hi,

I think their is a bug in the alpha10, but in the latest one go to:

Database->Links->Properties

and you can add/alter/drop columns there.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Database->Links->Properties

this option does not have in alpha11...Frown

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
LinksSQL User
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Quote Reply
Yes, it does have those options... I had to search a bit :-)

Use the drop down boxes after you have selected Database. First select Links, and in the box under, select Properties, and push Go!

But I donīt know how to get checkboxes to work...After I have added one, it doesnīt show the add, edit form for links at all. If I change to Text field, it works fine.

Also, the detailed build doesnīt seem to work? I get an error when building (was it site_html_build error, I donīt recall).

Quote Reply
Hi:

When ever I tried to add fields this way, I always get an error telling me that I can only put data in one of the fields if it is a enum.... and I never put data in that field, but it would never add the line. I had to add fields by changing the .def files...

dave

Quote Reply
This was fixed in alpha11..

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Are you using the latest version? Checkbox form fields work fine for me (although some help on what all the values on the form is definately required).

Also, build detailed works fine too. Can you expand a bit on what the problem is?

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hi

I use lsqldev11.

Regarding detailed build, I get this:
--------------
Detailed' ...Made.
Error: Unable to load: Links::SiteHTML::site_html_detailed (syntax error at (eval 24) line 18, at EOF
)
Stack Trace
======================================
Links (13606): Links::environment called at Links.pm line 414.Links (13606): Links::fatal called at Links/SiteHTML.pm line 165.Links (13606): Links::SiteHTML::_compile called at Links/SiteHTML.pm line 25.Links (13606): Links::SiteHTML::display called at (eval 23) line 32.Links (13606): Links::Build::build_detailed called at GT/Plugins.pm line 88.Links (13606): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at Links/Build.pm line 29.Links (13606): Links::Build::build called at /home/afire/cgi-bin/a4bil/admin/nph-build.cgi line 397.Links (13606): main::_build_detailed called at GT/Plugins.pm line 88.Links (13606): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /home/afire/cgi-bin/a4bil/admin/nph-build.cgi line 73.Links (13606): main::build_all called at /home/afire/cgi-bin/a4bil/admin/nph-build.cgi line 35.Links (13606): main::main called at /home/afire/cgi-bin/a4bil/admin/nph-build.cgi line 22.

System Information
======================================
Perl Version: 5.006
Links SQL Version: 1.2 dev

--------------

Regarding the check boxes, I have this (copied from Links Table editor):
17 Timestmp TIMESTAMP No TEXT
18 Gateadresse CHAR() No Gateadresse CHECKBOX

When I now go to Add Record, only the start of the page showes:
Links: Add Record

Add a record to the database
Here should add form be....

Maybe something wrong with my syntax for chechboxes ?

Are

Quote Reply
Thanks! I've fixed up the detailed build..

As for checkboxes, can you print out what you put for the entries?

Thanks!

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Column = testcheck
Column type = char
Column size = 1
Form type = checkbox
Form size = 1

Donīt know it that you are after...

Quote Reply
Thanks again! I've fixed up the editor so it does a bit more error checking and also added some hints to the form.

Basically for SELECT, CHECKBOX or RADIO fields you need to fill in:

Form Names
Form Values

with one entry per line. The name is what gets stored in the database, the values are what is displayed on the form.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
ok....I didnīt fill out Form Names and Form Values...I tried, and now it worked!