Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Yahoo Subcategory Plugin

Quote Reply
Yahoo Subcategory Plugin
Can someone please explain how to use the yahoo subcategory plugin? I've got it installed, but in the instructions it says:

"To do this, simply place either the word SUB0 or SUB1 as the Description for the category you want. "

Where exactly do I place this...and is this something that is placed in one particular template file and if so does it go in exactly as listed ie: SUB0 or should it be listed like this <%SUB0%>. If there are more detailed instructions somewhere I'd be grateful for the info on where to find them. Thanks,

lee

"

Quote Reply
Re: Yahoo Subcategory Plugin In reply to
You place SUB0 or SUB1 in the description field in the top level category s (or the cetegories of which you wanna the subcategories to show up).
Go to browse, pick up your category, hit edit then enter SUB0 or SUB1 in the description field.

make sure you have the (<%if Description%><Br><span class="descript"><%Description%></span><P><%endif%>)

statement in your subcategory.html

Regards
Abd

http://www.idleb.com
Quote Reply
Dear Abd,

Thanks a million for the instructions. I got it working thanks to your help.

Best,
Lee

Quote Reply
I couldn't find this MOd(Yahoo Subcategory Plugin) in LinksSQL resource center or this forum. Where can I find this Mod? or I can use Mod from Links 2.0 Mod. I have already implemented that on my Links 2.0
Let me know please

Quote Reply
No...you cannot use a FLAT FILE mod for a SQL system...especially between Links 2.0 and LINKS SQL 2.X...very different logic of codes and systems.

There was a "Yahoo Subcategories Mod" for LINKS SQL v.1.X, posted in the Links SQL v.1.X forum.

BTW: There is a BUILD option within Links SQL v.2.X that allows you to build subcategories underneath main categories...look more carefully at your BUILD options in the Admin Manager script (admin.cgi).

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
AnthoRules
I have turned on this option where it says:
"Use Yahoo style related categories (this will put the related categories grouped in with the main categories, prefixed with an @ sign. If you use this, you can only sort alphabetically.
build_category_yahoo Yes No
"

is that what you are talking about? I want 2/3 subcategories to display on front page.
Take a look at here:
http://buyanythingathome.com/catalog/

what i'm doing wrong here.