Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Wish: 'Ariticle' based Links2.0

Quote Reply
Wish: 'Ariticle' based Links2.0
Hi,

Links2.0 is - possible - easy to change into an article handler. The links would be the 'links to the articles, with a short description' and the detailed pages would be 'the article itself with possible a picture'. Under eacht article it would be nice if registered users could leave their comments and reviews. For a sort of community.

Because it would be nice if each comment giving by a user would have a links to a user-details page, where people can see their name, info and (links to their) last 10 comments and reviews a separate user-database is required. Or not?

So he following features schould be build in:

- let user register with possible a lot of user-info. (with validated email)
- add, modify and delete reviews. (articles are only added my the admin, or admin-staff)
- possiblilty to link form the user-review to detailed user-info (with links to last posted messages)

What do you all thinks of this? Are some modofications already available?

Quote Reply
Re: Wish: 'Ariticle' based Links2.0 In reply to
In Reply To:
let user register with possible a lot of user-info.
Already available via the modify.cgi hack posted in the Links SQL Discussion Forum. It allows users to register with more info than the default user.cgi stuff.

In Reply To:
add, modify and delete reviews. (articles are only added my the admin, or admin-staff)
Alex already mentioned in another Thread in this forum YESTERDAY that this WILL be an add-on at a later time!

In Reply To:
possiblilty to link form the user-review to detailed user-info (with links to last posted messages)
Simply matter of editing the review and detailed page template files with the correct URL tags and ID tags.

Good luck!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
I found the posts, only modify.cgi (and even review.cgi) are not available for download anymore are widgets.com! Can you give me an alternate location?

Quote Reply
Have you had any success in this area?

RWhite