Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Problem After Removal of Record

Quote Reply
Problem After Removal of Record
Hello GT Forum,

I was cleaning things up under a specific query search.cgi?query=something and found a listing that needed deleting. I deleted it and went back to that same query search.cgi?query=something and this is what I found in place of the deleted listing:

Unknown Tag: 'Title'
Unknown Tag: 'Address1', Unknown Tag: 'City', Unknown Tag: 'State' Unknown Tag: 'Zip'
Rate This Resource <Hits: Unknown Tag: 'Hits' Rating: Unknown Tag: 'Rating' Votes: Unknown Tag: 'Votes'>

Any ideas as to why this is happening? I have a feeling if I run an index it will fix it, but I can't have this happen everytime a link is removed. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Wil Hatfield

Quote Reply
Post deleted by WilHatfield In reply to
Quote Reply
Re: Problem After Removal of Record In reply to
i wonder if this is something to do with the search logger plugin? as i think it stores search results. Perhaps this is where the problem is, that if a link is deleted then the search plugin needs some data changed.

http://www.ASciFi.com/ - The Science Fiction Portal
Quote Reply
I would doubt that that is the case as I don't use the logger yet. This install is fresh out of the box with no major plugins. But thanks for trying none the less.

Wil

Quote Reply
i got the same problem when i changed a cateogry name. It did not appear in search terms until after re-syncing them again. Something needs to be sorted here :)

http://www.ASciFi.com/ - The Science Fiction Portal
Quote Reply
hello
some tags are related with the database field
An easy example.
You have Mail_Results as field in your links table, and use
<%Mail_Results%> in your link/detail template.

you decide to remove Mail_Result field from the links table.
The problem you have is:
each template that should generate links (link.html/detailed.html) can't generate this tag because this tag is related to the database field you deleted.

I think, that's the main problem, you have.
the best solution is to re-create this tables again, and eventually set a default.

Quote Reply
My problem wasn't removal of a category or field. It was simply the removal of a record. I can understand the need to repair tables after a category is removed.... but a record?