Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Modify button

Quote Reply
Modify button
When I click on Modify button, I will be prompted for an id and password. After I entered them, I got the message "you logged in successfully". There is nothing on the screen except a box entitled "Conduct another search". I feel something is missing here. How do I modify a link from this point on?

I tried Add.cgi and I got a prompt for an ID and password. After I logged in, I can add a link. But I cannot modify a link. Sometimes I got an error "Sorry, no links to modify". Help!

Quote Reply
Re: Modify A Resource In reply to
I figured that there is something wrong with modify.cgi. Modify a Resource button points to modify.cgi. Once it is loaded, it gives me the message "Oops, sorry that you don't have a link to modify. Should it show me a form to search to modify a link? Can someone help?

Quote Reply
Hi,

By default, Links SQL ties links to users, so that users can pick from a list of links they own, which one they want to modify.

You can change this by going to Setup->User Options and set user_required to No. Then, when going to modify.cgi, the user will be asked to enter in the URL of the link they want to modify.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Our links are owned by nobody. Your explanation makes sense though. Jack Ong fixed this yesterday. Many thanks.

Quote Reply
A related question. Now Modify a Resource says "Please enter the URL of the link you wish to update. Make sure it is identical to the one already in the database". Is there any way I can change it to title, not URL? It is easy for people to remember a title, not URL. Is it possible for me to do?

Quote Reply
Hi,

No, not easily. You would need to edit Links/User/Modify.pm and make the change in the code. We'll look at making this more flexible in the next release.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Modify A Resource In reply to
Hi Alex

i have posted a question as to why my modify page shows no url's since my upgrade to 2.0.5 but have not recieved anything that helps. Could you please let me know your thoughts. All you get when you go to modify a link is:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>]

Please pick which link you would like to update:

with nothing listed here. And I know I have hundreds of links

it would seem Im missing somthing from the template but i can't seem to see what. or is it in the modify.cgi?