Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Editors Link Validation

Quote Reply
Editors Link Validation
Hi Alex,
Great, now we have in 2.0.4 a validate link for our editors, but it would be also great if the editor is able to change the category when he is validating a link and notices that the link is added in the wrong category.

I think you should add this possibility to LinksSQL 2.1

Quote Reply
Re: Editors Link Validation In reply to
I know I must be missing something here, but I can't seem to find this new editor function.

Installed the 2.0.4 upgrade, overwrote the templates.. logged the editor in, clicked the 'editors' link .. but all I get is the browse screen.

The only "validate" links I am seeing are the ones that are on each individual unapproved listing.

Should I be looking somewhere different?

Quote Reply
Hi,

Make sure your browser_* templates actually got overwritten. Sounds like you still have the old tempaltes.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Alex -

Just removed the entire templates folder, then re-ran the upgrade, making sure I selected "overwrite" for templates AND code.

Still don't see the link. I also do not see it in the demo on the Gossamer Threads site.

Am I following the right path to see it? I go to the directory, log in, then click 'editors'. I get the browse tree, and click the folder for a category.

The link *is* there when I log into the admin interface, but it isn't there for the editors.

Am I missing something?

Quote Reply
Hi,

Seems it didn't get put into the default templates for some reason. Just copy all the browser* templates from the admin to the default folder. There is no difference in them.

I'll update the distribution shortly.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Actually, scrap that idea, there is a difference, one of them submits to browser.cgi the other to admin.cgi.

I'll update it shortly. You need to edit browser_navbar.html, and copy over browser_link_validate*.html and then edit to remove references to admin.cgi.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Thanks Alex.. I'm glad that I'm not going totally nuts ;) Was worried there for a minute. I knew that it LOOKED like it should be there.

Will look forward to the change. Thanks.

Quote Reply
Ummm, is this up yet? I think I downloaded the 2.0.4 before May 25th and my expanded files show May 25th dates on the html pages. when I hit the editor's link in the dynamic version I get an error page.

So, by the above post this has been fixed or am not just an editor? If I'm not how do I sign myself up?

Also, if there is an update to the update, is installation a plain over write or what?

any clues?

Quote Reply
Has this been updated? The editor's features were why I had originally purchased, a while ago.

Quote Reply
Hi Alex,

I want to remember for 2.1:
Please add a feature into the Editor browser so that the editor is able to change the category when he is validating a link and notices that the link is added in the wrong category.
Its very important for the editors.

Thanks