Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Can I get rid of Links_Scores_Index ???

Quote Reply
Can I get rid of Links_Scores_Index ???
I am planning to move to a new server so I'm trying to dump my database. It keeps timing out on the Links_Scores_Index table because it is so large. I am thinking that I don't really need the data in this table, but I'm wondering if this is correct: When I re-index, will the Links_Scores_Index data will be re-created?

Thanks for your help!

Quote Reply
Re: Dumping Database In reply to
Use MySQLman.

You can safely dump the 2 *_word_list and *_score_list files for categories and links.

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://pugdog.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
Thanks for the reply... I am using Mysqlman. When I try to dump the Links_Scores_Index table with 260086 records, the connection times out.

I just tried to dump the Verify table, which has 39472 records, and it responded with "server hangup." With the smaller table, though, I may be able to use another method to copy and paste the statements into a txt file. However, the 200,000+ records are too big for my clipboard to copy and paste.

Do I really need Links_Scores_Index data, or can I just reindex? I may need to re-do some of the indexing settings anyway so there aren't so many records (?)

Any other recommendations?

Quote Reply
How about using the Backup Data feature? (Admin panel -> Database -> Import Export -> scroll down to Backup Data. It basically creates a dump of all the data needed for Links SQL, and, assuming that your tables on the new server are the same as the tables on the current one you should have no trouble transferring the data using it. It will dump to a file, which you can download from the current server, then upload to the new server, then restore using Restore on the same page.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
I'm still using the old links. I will be completing the upgrade after I move.. I'm hoping the final will be out by then so I won't have to upgrade more than once.

Anyway, I'm fairly sure that reindexing will add that data back to the table so I'll try that when the time comes. If that doesn't work, I'll try something else. I don't want to waste too much time on this.

Quote Reply
Ah, okay, thought you were using Links 2.0.0-betasomething.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
But, he would still hit the 'timeout' problem, on very large tables, wouldn't he?

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://pugdog.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
yup, in which case he'd have to run nph-import.cgi from the shell.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Try DUMPING the table via telnet/shell.

Regards,

Eliot Lee