Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Category HTML

Quote Reply
Category HTML
Does anyone know how I can modify the subcategory html? (the template subcategory.html won't work, because I need to add a <ul> tag outside of that.....

So i'm guessing it's a pm file, but I dunno which one.

Quote Reply
Re: Category HTML In reply to
You really don't want to add a <UL> tag to the subcategory.html file.

You want to add that into your template, most likely.

I don't use <UL> and <LI> tags. I've turned them into tables, so that subcategory.html technically expects to be between <TABLE></TABLE> tags.

I've been redoing that so that it doesn't _care_ what sort of tags it's between, ie: subcategory.html returns a complete <TABLE>...<TABLE>

But, if you want to add code between each iteration, it's in basically the same place as 1.13...

sub site_html_print_cat but that is in Links::Build.pm

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://pugdog.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
Hi,

I've now changed it (won't appear till the next beta) that if you set build_category_columns to 0, then no table html will be generated for your subcategories. This way you can put:

<ul><%category%></ul>

in your home.html template, and in subcategory.html you can put <li>. If you needed it within the table tags, then you would need to edit the code, or use a plugin.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Alex, there is still the problem with "floating" category columns.

I posted a fix for 1.1x, but essentially the idea is in the print-cat routine, if you are using tables, you need to assign the <TD> tag a % width (or an absolute width).

$width = int(100/#Columns)
$width = 'width ="' . $width . '%"';
to give

<td $width ...>

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://pugdog.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
I've fixed up the print cat so table widths are now specified.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.