Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Beta 4 Now Available!

Quote Reply
Beta 4 Now Available!
Hi,

I've put beta 4 up. This fixes a lot of the difficult bugs like blank emails, and searching strangeness, as well as adds the ability to pick which link you'd like to modify, and tags to show editors.

My todo list has shrunk considerably. I'm really working on getting the plugin docs finished, some more testing with MS SQL 7 and Oracle, and one or two minor features added in.

Also, this one requires a valid registration number in order to download any of the plugins, but we have now added a real simple YahooSubcats plugin that you can try out.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: Beta 4 Now Available! In reply to
any news on when the review plugin will come and also what sort of features it is going to have. I am getting really excited here almost time to start building up my site :)

http://www.ASciFi.com/ - The Science Fiction Portal
Quote Reply
Alex:

Yum! I can hardly wait!

dk

Quote Reply
Alex,

It would be really helpful to have a changed-files list, and a note whether or not we can keep our Config and HTML files, and just overwrite the code.

Each install is getting smoother.

I answered the overwrite questions with 'y' to each of the three, and this time, when I went to the admin, I wasn't prompted to re-install the tables/etc. I didn't get the setup screen, but went right to the main page.

It looks like the def files were left intact as well, all the extra fields seem to be there.

But a change this big, concerns me :)

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://pugdog.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
Hi Alex,

Have you fixed the build with foreign_char=yes problem??

Quote Reply
I find that this problem already was solved, therefore I am functioning here normal, I cannot only I am to make a search for words with foreign characters.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Janio Le
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Quote Reply
hi Janio ,

How many categories you have?? Have you testing with Beta3? I have testing with 3500+ categories in beta3, It cannot build all of them.... It say "out of memory". I have using 512M Ram running the test.

thanks..

Quote Reply
I have 320.000 links and 2.500 categories, and works here perfectly with 128 MB RAM in a serving Windows NT, but I have 2 GB of Virtual memory.

I did not test the version Beta 3.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Janio Le
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Quote Reply
Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply
Quote Reply
Because it does not use Beta 4?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Janio Le
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Quote Reply
hi,

I have just test with beta4. It's still not work!:(

Quote Reply
Which its operational system, and its httpd server?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Janio Le
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Quote Reply
When I using Browse menu from admin, it say,
Links::Category (18842): Query: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM Category GT::SQL::Driver::MYSQL (18842): Preparing query: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM Category at /home/sites/site71/web/seek/admin/GT/SQL/Driver/MYSQL.pm line 34.

Quote Reply
Hi Janio,

Linux and Apache 1.3.9! I think it will go trouble when you have more then 3000 categories. It can build with foreign_char=No. But not foreign_char=yes.

Quote Reply
You installed the version full of beta 4 or made upgrade?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Janio Le
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Quote Reply
Full of Beta4. I have import the old 1.13 data and have a clean setup, all using beta4.

Quote Reply
I had a problem here when mattering of version 1,13 for beta 2, my categories I had been all with problems, then I had to import my bank of an archive delimited for |.

you has perhaps had the same problem... perhaps it tries to import its data base again, decides its problem.

Good luck!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Janio Le
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Quote Reply
I have trying to using Build Staggered NOW!

Good Luck and Happy New Year

Quote Reply
Forgive me (Alex) for saying this, but from reading this thread it seems like there are more errors in BETA4 than BETA3.

Obviously this isnt true but there sure seem to be a lot of bugs.

Paul Wilson. Shocked
(Dont blame me if I'm wrong!)
Quote Reply
There is a lot of good fixed and new feature out there! But who care the client using foreign_char?? Frown

-------
TheFox

Quote Reply
Don't worry, we haven't forgotten you, we will get this working with foreign_char before it's released.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hi,

This sounds like you have debug turned on?

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.