Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

gateway page

Quote Reply
gateway page
is it possible to create several copies of a category page to use as an entrance page for search engines in dynamic mode?

for example:
i have category
KK:NN

the subcategory NN uses 1 set of meta tags. i want to create several gateway pages, but with category list
can someone help
Quote Reply
Re: [ajiimd] gateway page In reply to
I think you'd need to use rewrite rules in the server.

You'd pick off the referrer and serve up a different template set based on that.

You might be able to use a global to check the environment string, and replace your tags based on what the referrer value was.

I'm not sure which way would work better... this is something Alex is pretty well versed on :)

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] gateway page In reply to
thanks, i will try to contact andy
Quote Reply
You can use the PageBuilder plugin for this. The plugin allows you to create easily as many pages for every category as you want. You can build them statically, and/or load them dynamically.

Contact me if you need further information.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] gateway page In reply to
so if i had a sub category called health, with all of the sub cat of health displayed and category advert, i could create entrance pages static/dynamic that are identical to the category page ( and will be updated as such with build). basically, i just want to change tilte meta tags and some of the text so that each page scores well in search engine
Quote Reply
Yes, that's all possible with the PageBuilder plugin.

For more information abou the plugin, see also the following thread:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=209811#209811

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Yogi;

Any update available soon on Pagebuilder?

Also, there's more than a few people that would pay for an update. I asked last week what you would charge to do an update and did not yet get an answer. Do you have an estimate?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
i need help with pagebuilder, i have just installed and read all of the posts and "about" page and can't figure it out. i want to create carbon copies of my categpry pages (with a few alteration). can yu walk me through this step b step. i want to make gateway pages for search engines. thanks
Quote Reply
Hi

you need to set up a 'category' type page.

For 'Build Directory', put something like:
<%Full_Name%>

For 'Build Filename', use something like:
gateway.html

You can then customize the template of the page to suit your needs. To obtain a list of links in the category, put

<%loop links_loop%>
<%include link.html%>
<%endloop%>

If you want to know what tags are available on a template, use

<%GT::Template::dump%>

at the bottom of your template.

I hope this helps.

Ivan
-----