Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Strange can not be left blank Error

Quote Reply
Strange can not be left blank Error
I have a REALLY strange problem. I did have a Links table called Page_Title but removed this. Now when adding a link I get the error: Column Page_Title can not be left blank.

This column is NOT in the database as I have looked via mysqlman and also via the linkSQL admin.

Any ideas?

--------------------------------
Privacy Software
Quote Reply
Re: [BLOOD] Strange can not be left blank Error In reply to
Wait a minute what going on here???

Now the column is back! First its gone, then its back again, then its gone??

I try deleting but I can for the error:

Failed to execute query: 'ALTER TABLE Links DROP Page_Title' Reason: Can't DROP 'Page_Title'. Check that column/key exists

But is back again??

I don’t understand.

Privacy Software
Quote Reply
And another thing has happened...

I updated the image field regex to '^|.*\.(?i:gif|jpg)$'

but after it ok's the update, it reverts back to the old ^(?:|.*\.(?i:gif))$

Privacy Software
Quote Reply
Are you running Apache with mod_perl?

If so, you need to restart Apache when making config changes such as this due to the fact mod_perl will load your modules and perl interpreters into memory each time the web server is started.

Sean
Quote Reply
You can't just drop the column through mysqlman, since Links SQL also used a table definition file for every table.

So, in order to delete a column, go to "Database->Links->Properties", and click on "Delete Column" at the bottom of the page. This will give you a list of all columns, and you can select which one you want to delete.

If you are running under mod_perl, you need to restart your mod_perl server afterwards.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Strange can not be left blank Error In reply to
Hi thanks,

I'm not running fully under mod_perl but using Apache::PerlRun so the modules are not cached in memory.

Also the columns are being deleted from the links admin.

Actually, I'm investigating the possibility of mod_gzip serving up incorrect pre-compressed pages as I remember something similar to this happing to others elsewhere. Some columns I added days ago are now repapering too with the new ones not showing up all the time.

Great fun!

Cheers.

Privacy Software
Quote Reply
Have a look at admin/defs/prefix_Links.def, and see if your columns are there.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Strange can not be left blank Error In reply to
The column is there but the regex for the image column isn't. So I just updated (via the links admin) the regex. Downloaded the .def file to take a look again and the regex is now there ok.

BUT

an old column added 4 days ago which wasn’t in the .def file downloaded is now in there!

Either LinkSQL doesn’t work well under Apache::PerlRun in that some modules are being cached and other aren't, or this is indeed an issue with mod_gzip working with old cache files.

I have asked GT via these forums about Apache::PerlRun compatibility but had no answer.

Privacy Software
Quote Reply
I've excluded .pm files from being gziped and so far all is stable. Fingers crossed!

Privacy Software
Quote Reply
Just to update that this issue is now fixed. The problem was mod_gzip as I suspected. Updating to the latest version and excluding the admin directory files from compression thus: 'mod_gzip_item_exclude file .*admin' works just fine and solves the problem of previously cached files being incorrectly served.

Privacy Software