Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

GT Forum messing up my Links Build

Quote Reply
GT Forum messing up my Links Build
Hi:

This is probably a question for Alex or GT staff, but I thought I would post it here.

Had Links up and running fine in MOD_PERL for years, Decided to add Gossamer Forum for a Forum- and I really do like it. Alex showed me how to get both running at the same time in mod_perl by doing my startup.pl like this:

Quote:

use lib '/path/to/forum/admin';

use GForum::mod_perl;

use lib '/path/to/linksql/admin';

use Links::mod_perl;

#PerlSendHeader On;

1; #return true value

It ran fine, but used a LOT of memory. And I cannot add any more to my box. So I decided to drop Forum from mod_perl and see what happened. Forum does not yet get many hits... I just dropped the first two lines in the above quote to do that.

I did not see to bad a hit in speed on forum, and the rest of the box seemed to pick up in speed substancially. But now, when go to rebuild Links, it will back-up, but then I get this error:

A fatal error has occured: GT::SQL (66450): Unable to load subclass: 'GForum::Table::Forum' Reason: Can't locate GForum/Table/Forum.pm in @INC (@INC contains: blah blah blah....) at /path/to/links/install/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 547. (or line 560)

Any ideas what I messed up?

Thanks!

dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
Re: [carfac] GT Forum messing up my Links Build In reply to
Does the file exist first of all?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] GT Forum messing up my Links Build In reply to
Hi Paul:

Which file? 'GForum::Table::Forum' exixts, but in a totally seperate directory (and always has..)

I have my basic Links install at http://www.bcdb.com/

Forum is at: http://forum.bcdb.com/

so they are in totally seperate directories on my server. Forum runs fine. It is just that for soome reason now, Links thinks it should be loading forum liubraries, and I do not know why it still thinks so...
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
Oh, just as a note, I uncommented the first to lines of startup.pl..

use lib '/path/to/forum/admin';

use GForum::mod_perl;

and restarted, and I was able to build Links... Then I commented them out again and restarted...
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
If you have shell access, go into your Links SQL admin/defs directory, and do

grep -r 'Forum' *

That should give you all files where 'Forum' occurs. See in which files it occurs, and post the lines surrounding. That might help.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] GT Forum messing up my Links Build In reply to
Yogi:

OK, that is it! Not EXACTLY, but (Idiot me!Blush) I was trying to get a feed from Forum to Links with the last five posts... and I forgot THAT code I put in. OK, my face is red Blush!

Thanks for getting me there!
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase