Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Build Help
I get this error when building my Home Page. All I did was add 2 texted words to the home page, then tried to build. Can anyone help? Here is the error mesg. I get when trying to build:

Building Home Page ...

A fatal error has occured:
Can't call method "fetchrow_hashref" on an undefined value at (eval 31) line 15.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

Stack Trace======================================Links (26952): Links::environment called at /home/.kallisticat/sinftp/sinsurf.com/cgi-bin/search/admin/Links.pm line 430 with no arguments.Links (26952): Links::fatal called at (eval 31) line 15 with arguments (Can't call method "fetchrow_hashref" on an undefined value at (eval 31) line 15. ).Links (26952): Links::Build::build_home called at /home/.kallisticat/sinftp/sinsurf.com/cgi-bin/search/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 91 with arguments (HASH(0x852d7d0)).Links (26952): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /home/.kallisticat/sinftp/sinsurf.com/cgi-bin/search/admin/Links/Build.pm line 30 with arguments (GT::Plugins, /home/.kallisticat/sinftp/sinsurf.com/cgi-bin/search/admin/Plugins, build_home, *Links::Build::build_home, HASH(0x852d7d0)).Links (26952): Links::Build::build called at nph-build.cgi line 318 with arguments (home, HASH(0x852d7d0)).Links (26952): main::_build_home called at /home/.kallisticat/sinftp/sinsurf.com/cgi-bin/search/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 91 with arguments (HASH(0x81e4150)).Links (26952): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at nph-build.cgi line 120 with arguments (GT::Plugins, /home/.kallisticat/sinftp/sinsurf.com/cgi-bin/search/admin/Plugins, create_home, CODE(0x824de6c), HASH(0x81e4150)).Links (26952): main::build_changed called at nph-build.cgi line 39 with no arguments.Links (26952): main::main called at nph-build.cgi line 30 with no arguments.System Information======================================Perl Version: 5.00503Links SQL Version: 2.1.1DBI.pm Version: 1.13Persistant Env: mod_perl (0) SpeedyCGI (0)GT::SQL::error = Failed to execute query: 'SELECT * FROM Links_Category WHERE FatherID = ? ORDER BY isNew DESC,Hits DESC,Priority DESC,isPopular DESC,Title' Reason: Unknown column 'isNew' in 'order clause'@INC = /home/.kallisticat/sinftp/sinsurf.com/cgi-bin/search/admin /usr/lib/perl5/5.005/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.005 /usr/local/lib/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5 .CGI INPUT======================================do => changedAgain Any Help!? Thanks,AuctionGuy
AuctionGuy
If you think Education is expensive, Try ignorance.
Quote Reply
Re: [AuctionGuy] Build Help In reply to
Most likely it can't connect to the database. Does it work when you try and search?
Quote Reply
Re: [,] Build Help In reply to
Hi ,

Yep Tried that and I get search results. All other pages come up find. What's New, Cool Pages, so on... Just won't build my home page. Hmmm...

AuctionGuy
AuctionGuy
Quote Reply
Weird. Have you tried restoring the default home.html and trying again?
Quote Reply
Re: [,] Build Help In reply to
 Hi ,

Just tried it and still the same error message. I have only been using the Build Changed option. Afraid to try the Full Build as this might end up with my whole site down.

AuctionGuy
AuctionGuy
Quote Reply
Have you messed with the "isNew" column?

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Build Help In reply to
Hi Yogi,

No, All I did was add two text words to the home page, then hit Build Changed. Being new to this I do not mess with the tables.

AuctionGuy
AuctionGuy
Quote Reply
I was just asking because it says in your error message
Code:
GT::SQL::error = Failed to execute query: 'SELECT * FROM Links_Category
WHERE FatherID = ? ORDER BY isNew DESC,Hits DESC,Priority
DESC,isPopular DESC,Title'
Reason: Unknown column 'isNew' in 'order clause'
Try "Repair Tables", maybe that helps.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
You mean that you added two text words on to the template home.html? What were these words, where did you add them, and was it working before you added these words?
Quote Reply
Hi Yogi,

Tried the Repair Table, Did not work. Before I try much else can someone tell me how to run the backup. Would like to run this before I run out of good backups. Or perhaps I should copy the backup 8? As for the what's new thing, I can only think of one thing that might have done something to it. I purchased a couple of the uni plugins. It warns against this when you run certain programs, They are great programs but now it has me concerned.

AuctionGuy
AuctionGuy
Quote Reply
Re: [apache] Build Help In reply to
Hi Apache,

>What were these words,

"Last Updated"

>where did you add them

Just before <%date%> in a table

>was it working before you added these words?

Yes, I don't think the problem was in adding the words. I agree with Yogi on the what's new table as might be being the problem, I just don't know how to fix it if, or if it can be fixed.

AuctionGuy
AuctionGuy
Quote Reply
If you want to, you can PM me admin access details, and I will have a look.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Hi Yogi,

Sorry for getting back so late.

Thanks for the offer but I really want to learn to do this myself. (give a man a loaf of bread...) My geuss is I need to look at the tables using My Sql Man, If I don't see a What's New table I will need to add one. Question is, Will it generate the new links? Is this the correct way?

AuctionGuy

AuctionGuy
Quote Reply
Try to open MySQLman, and in the "category" table select all record that have "FatherID" set to zero.

Also, does the browser work correctly?

You don't need a what's new table.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Hi Yogi,

Went to My Sql Man and found that all Major categories (lead categories) are marked 0 in the father Id colum. They are the only ones marked as such. Clicked on Browse in Admin and found it worked fine. All categories come up with their links.

AuctionGuy
AuctionGuy
Quote Reply
Try playing around with build_sort_order_category in "Setup -> Build". The default value is (I think):

isNew DESC,isPopular DESC,Title

Hope this helps.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Hi Yogi,

Thanks for the input but it did not help. Maybe I should re-install? I don't know... Unsure

AuctionGuy
AuctionGuy