Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

add links in only one category

Quote Reply
add links in only one category
Hi,

I would like that registered users (not the adminstrator) can add links only in one category and its subcategories.
How can I do?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Vercyb
Quote Reply
Re: [vercyb] add links in only one category In reply to
I would like my users to be able to make more entries in one category, but so that they need to pay for each entry (or letīs say for each category).
Additionally EACH entry can only be submitted for ONE category or ONE subcategory. So if they want to submit their entry into for example 2 categories or subcategories, they need to pay 2 times.

For example:
My users (customers) want to list their hotel in the category "Summer" and in the category "Winter": so they put their entry for "Summer" into one category and pay. To submit the same entry for the category "Winter" they need to do a new entry and pay again.

Limit to select only ONE category for one Link.

How can I do this ?
Quote Reply
Re: [erichcyber] add links in only one category In reply to
There is a Limit_Links plugin by Andy, but i am not sure if that has been upgraded to have per-user level setting.

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
==================================
Quote Reply
Re: [erichcyber] add links in only one category In reply to
I would like this too.

As far as I can see the only way to do this would be to redesign the payment system completely so that the payment fields are in the CatLinks table rather than the Links table. In this way you could have different payments for different categories - e.g. expiring at different times - which is what I need. I doubt that this will happen in the near future (but I wish they'd done this from the start). At the moment I am having to add the same link multiple times which is not sensible. (I haven't upgraded to GL3 yet so not sure what implications this will have).