Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Non English

Quote Reply
Non English
Is there non-english mod available for Links SQL? Where can I get this?

Thanks, Tina
Quote Reply
Re: [tga] Non English In reply to
Hi,

Non-english should already work fine? They are replaced with _ in the URL; but the actual parts that show up to a user, should still have the foreign charachter Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Non English In reply to
Hi Andy,

but for us it would be very important, that in the URLS the letters are not replaced by an "_".

Is that possible?

Thanks, Tina
Quote Reply
Hi,

I'm afraid not. Its not a limitation of LinksSQL, but more of a limitation of Apache. You can only use a-z 0-9 _ - and a few other charachters in file/folder names. If you use foreign charachters, there are a lot of programs/functions that won't work (thus why they are replaced with _ in the URL's).

Hope that explains things Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
And is is possible to define that the german letter ä is replaced by ae, the letter ü is replaced by ue etc... ?
Quote Reply
Hi,

To an extent. LinksSQL lets you use a custom field for building with. For example, you may have

äero

.. and in the "build" field, you could use;

aeero

So basically, you would need to fields. One with the value to show (i.e äero), and then another one for the actual "build name" ... i.e aeero.

Hope that helps :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
hello Tina

i'm using the plugin "DirName_converter" to convert
have a look in the
Plugin Manager.
it should do what you want.

Smile

Quote Reply
Re: [jeromeo] Non English In reply to
Hi Jerome,

You can do it without that plugin though (no offence to webmaster33 though Cool).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote:
(no offence to webmaster33 though)
I hope so Wink

Let she decide what wants to use Tongue

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Mar 16, 2005, 3:10 AM
Quote Reply
Quote:
And is is possible to define that the german letter ä is replaced by ae, the letter ü is replaced by ue etc... ?

That was the main goal of the DirName converter plugin, so I believe this the exact situation, where the plugin should be used... And it's free... Cool

Altough if you find it useful, donation is welcomed Wink

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Mar 16, 2005, 3:14 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Non English In reply to
Quote:
That was the main goal of the DirName converter plugin, so I believe this the exact situation, where the plugin should be used... And it's free... Cool

Ah, didn't realise that <G>

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Check it.
You will see that it has very flexible options to fix such character conflicting situations.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support