Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Can't view my Dynamic directory

Quote Reply
Can't view my Dynamic directory
For some reason, when I click on Dynamic from the admin page it takes me to the front page of my directory. but the category links are not dynamic, they are all static. This worked ok before and not sure what changed it. How do I get it to show dynamic categories?

Thansk.
Quote Reply
Re: [tariqali] Can't view my Dynamic directory In reply to
It should do this already, but make sure that the link it sends you to has d=1 as part of the query string (ie. it's .../page.cgi?d=1).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Can't view my Dynamic directory In reply to
it does have d=1 in the url and the categories are generated with static links instead of dynamic!!!
Quote Reply
Are you using a global to modify the category list? - the global could be hardcoding them.
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Can't view my Dynamic directory In reply to
I am using the YahooSubcats plugins to display the subcategoris. would that be the problem?
Quote Reply
I don't think so - unless you've modified it.
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Can't view my Dynamic directory In reply to
I uninstall the YahooSub categories plugin and that didn't work. Not sure what the problem is?
Quote Reply
If you send me admin panel access, I can take a look at it for you.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Can't view my Dynamic directory In reply to
In Reply To:
If you send me admin panel access, I can take a look at it for you.

I just sent you a PM
Quote Reply
The reason it's happening is because you have your build_static_url set to the same as your build_root_url and the script can't determine exactly which url's need translating into dynamic url's and which don't. If you move your static path/url into a separate directory, then it will correct this issue. Note that you'll only need to do this if you want to run your directory in dynamic mode.

To correct this issue, you will have to move all the static files into its own directory and update your build_static_url and build_static_paths.

Adrian

Last edited by:

brewt: Feb 20, 2006, 1:36 PM