Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Please help me.

(Page 1 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Please help me.
Dear Forum,
I have just uploded 2.1.1 version that is install.cgi and install.dat file and other files in to my cgi-bin directory (arunalab.com/cgi-bin/install.cgi) after opening the page install.cgi in the IE explorer it just gives "CGI Error". That does this means. My server in Win2003 one. How to over come and start using it? you can also click the above link and see. Do reply please anbarasan.v@gmail.com,

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

Last edited by:

Anbarasan: Oct 23, 2005, 3:22 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Anbarasan] Please help me. In reply to
Hi,

This should be an error of the web server not from the intall.cgi. So, please check that your server has been installed perl already.

Cheers,

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Hi,

Also, is there any reason your using such an old version? Wink The latest version is 3.0.4.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] Please help me. In reply to
Yes in my Win2003 server Pearl is installed but still it is gogin the same error.

your self check, www.arunalab.com/cgi-bin/install.cgi

what can i do now?
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Please help me. In reply to
Yes but i'm uploading this for testing purpose can you point where can i get the upgrade from version 2 series to 3? Eagerly waiting for your reply.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Did you update the path to Perl at the top of install.cgi?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Yes but i'm uploading this for testing purpose can you point where can i get the upgrade from version 2 series to 3? Eagerly waiting for your reply.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/licensed/

=)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
well how to do that the install instruction did not said any thing about it. please guide me.
Quote Reply
what is the version you use? can you support me with it?
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
well how to do that the install instruction did not said any thing about it. please guide me.
You just open up install.cgi (in TextPad, WordPad or Editplugin, whatever you use), and change it to your path for perl.

For example, my local Perl machine has this;

#!C:/bin/Perl/perl.exe

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
what is the version you use? can you support me with it?
I don't work for GT Wink

You can email Gossamer support on support@gossamer-threads.com, with your license number, and they should be able to help you if you are still having problems Angelic

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Can you copy install.cgi to intall.pl. If it's working with install.pl, that means your server has not yet supported CGI program with .cgi extention. Then just enable that.

Cheers,

Cheers,

Dat

Blog
Quote Reply
Well it is a proper professional web server in some data center i dont know how it is been installed in there. What do be done?
Quote Reply
i have changed the path to
#!/path/to/perl

but still the same error.

Quote Reply
I have renamed it to .pl from .cgi but still the same error.
CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

what to do now?
Quote Reply
Hi,

Have you ever setup a perl script before? Try running sometihng *simple* to make sure that it works. Installing LinksSQL is a pretty hard task for a "test", as there are many issues that need to be taken into account. If its a fresh server, the chances are that its not setup right Tongue

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
It is a professional server i'm using for years but this is the first time i'm try installing pearl. Can you point me any simple program so that i can test it?
Quote Reply
I think now you should contact with your hosting provider for cgi/perl running because it is not default in Windows world.

Cheers,

Cheers,

Dat

Blog
Quote Reply
Can you point any pimple cgi or pearl script so that i can test the server?
Quote Reply
I have uploded a pearl guest book to test the server http://www.arunalab.com/cgi-bin/guestbook.pl and it is working fine. Then what might be the problem?
Quote Reply
I have uploded a pearl guest book to test the server http://www.arunalab.com/cgi-bin/guestbook.pl and it is working fine. Then what might be the problem?
Quote Reply
That means your server supports cgi and perl with .pl extension. Can you copy the gustbook.pl as gustbook.cgi to see if it is working?

Cheers,

Dat

Blog

Last edited by:

tandat: Oct 24, 2005, 4:10 AM
Quote Reply
Yes after renaming to cgi it either works. Now what will be the problem?
http://www.arunalab.com/cgi-bin/guestbook.cgi
Quote Reply
This is strange. can you reupload the install.data in binary mode and run the install.cgi again?

Cheers,

Dat

Blog
Quote Reply
I did as you said uploded the install.dat and install.cgi again in the binary mode but it still gives the same error. Can you support me with that install.cgi file alone, otehr people here had tryied before i think they damaged it. My mail id is anbarasan.v@gmail.com eagerly waiting for your mail. Thank you.
> >