Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Multiple detail pages per link

Quote Reply
Multiple detail pages per link
While using links 2.0, I had it build three detailed pages for each link. In the admin, I could turn this option on or off by using a checkbox for nph-build.cgi to process it. I would like to do this with links sql now, but the closest I've found is using multiple templates rather than pages built.

Has anyone done this yet or developed a subroutine that can create X amount of pages per link ID?

Thanks for any help!

Steve
Perl Hopefull
Quote Reply
Re: [stilton] Multiple detail pages per link In reply to
Any takers on this one???

I've been trying to play with the code I used in links 2.0, but I end up having to install links again after screwing everything up...

Thanks for any help!
Perl Hopefull
Quote Reply
I've been trying to figure out how to implement multiple detail pages also. I need one detailed page for the detailed information about the link, and then another one with a form I configure that lets the user send an email to the link owner. If anyone knows how to set up multiple detail pages in Links 2.1.0 that would be great Smile

-FrankM
Quote Reply
Re: [FrankM] Multiple detail pages per link In reply to
Why not just like to the email form with the data from the link?

Generate the email form dynamically either from the link.html or the detailed.html

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Multiple detail pages per link In reply to
I've been trying to have a new template parse the information I need dynamically, but I've been unable to do it correctly. I thought I remembered seeing someone do this awhile back while considering the purchase, but can't seem to find it now...although it may have been for links 2.0. I have quite a bit of info I'd like to display in another detailed page static or dynamic doesn't matter.

Thanks for any info you have,
Perl Hopefull
Quote Reply
Ok....I found what I needed. Here is what I did to use another template for multiple detail pages:

Create a new template detailed2.html and place in the template folder

Create a new global: link_info

Code:
sub {
my $tags = shift;
my $link_db = $DB->table('Links');
my $id = $tags->{ID};
my $link_info = $link_db->get($id, 'HASH');
return $link_info;
}

Then inside of your template, use <%link_info%> to use available links data

Link to the page like this: page.cgi?p=detailed2&ID=<%ID%>
Perl Hopefull
Quote Reply
Worked like a charm! Thanks very much for posting that after you had figured it out for yourself. It was a great help to me.

-FrankM
Quote Reply
For the sake of it I thought I'd post this as it should do the same as the code above Angelic:

sub { $DB->table('Links')->select( { ID => $_[0]->{ID} } )->fetchrow_hashref }

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 23, 2002, 6:52 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Multiple detail pages per link In reply to
Hi-

Does anyone know if there is a way to create multiple detailed pages that are static, rather than dynamic? I create multiple language versions of our directory, and would like to be able to have a specific/separate static detailed page for 3 different languages. I've found that the static detailed pages get picked up very quickly and effectively on the search engines, whereas the dynamic pages often aren't indexed. Is there a global or modification that can be done to accomplish this?

-Frank
Quote Reply
Re: [FrankM] Multiple detail pages per link In reply to
You can do this very easily with the PageBuilder plugin. It allows you to define any number of additional detailed pages for your links.

More details can be found at:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=209811#209811

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins