Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Automatic Link Validation

Quote Reply
Automatic Link Validation
I know you can go through the admin setup to allow automatic submissions for users, but you have to make them register/login to do this. Is there a way where a person can submit a link that is automatically validated and they don't have to be logged in as well?

tia
Perl Hopefull
Quote Reply
Re: [stilton] Automatic Link Validation In reply to
I've been going through certain cgi files and modifying parts that look like they might be responsible for the validation process in order to bypass it, but I can't seem to find the right one. Can anyone tell me which files contain the validation routines in them?
Perl Hopefull
Quote Reply
Re: [stilton] Automatic Link Validation In reply to
Look for this option build_auto_validate in the build options section of your setup menu. There is an item there to do just that but it is not recommended

CCUnet
my Christian web
Quote Reply
Re: [ccunet] Automatic Link Validation In reply to
Hi CCUnet,

Thanks, but that option doesn't work if you intend on allowing users to submit a link without being logged in and still validate automatically. I was finally able to go into add.pm and remove most of the routine which does what I need it to do. It's a church directory for internal use, so I'm not worried about random submissions...thanks!
Perl Hopefull