Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Can't Import ALT Cats From Links2.0

Quote Reply
Can't Import ALT Cats From Links2.0
Hello,

I'm importing from Links2.0 and my Alt Categories are not being imported. It's saying that it can't import them because the category has not been created. They were created but it's reading them incorrectly. It's not breaking up the Alt Cats in the database. It's saying this cat "Stock/Brokers|Bond/Brokers" does not exist when it should read it as "Stock/Brokers" and "Bond/Brokers."

Please help me fix this!
Thank You
Shane

Importing Category Relations ...
Import error: CRITICAL ERROR OCCURED: Unable to add category relation for category with ID 41 and `Investor Services/Advanced Traders/Trader Advanced Education|Investor Services/Advanced Traders/Trader Training|Investor Services/Investment Online Courses|Investor Services/Investment Seminars and Shows'. Reason: Category `Investor Services/Advanced Traders/Trader Advanced Education|Investor Services/Advanced Traders/Trader Training|Investor Services/Investment Online Courses|Investor Services/Investment Seminars and Shows' not found in database. at /cgi-bin/linkadmin2/admin/Links/Import/L2S2.pm line 405

Quote Reply
Re: [shane1800] Can't Import ALT Cats From Links2.0 In reply to
Has anybody had a successful import from Links 2.0 with Alt Cats or is it just me?
Quote Reply
Hi,

I think the import can only handle a single alt category, not multiple ones unfortunately.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Can't Import ALT Cats From Links2.0 In reply to
Hello,

Is there a way you could change that? I have a lot of links with multiple categories. I'd be willing to pay for the help.

Thanks
Shane

P.S. Even my Meta Description turned all the commas into "|."

Meta Description Finance search site ranking links by popularity.Markets: stock| future| forex| mutual fund| bond| global.

Last edited by:

shane1800: Dec 8, 2001, 4:51 AM
Quote Reply
Any advancement in the Alternate Category import from Links 2.0?

Thanks