Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Bug in Template System

Quote Reply
Bug in Template System
okay, i just wrote an long message and gforum deleted it went i pressed the back button after trying out the spelling check. So here is a shorter version.

linksql can't handle any code with

\<%FIELDNAME%>

in the ostensibly html friendly templates.

e.g.

a href=C:\THINGS\<%ID%>.jpg
------------------
Dorg Hurgler Van Schongleur,
NordHein Van Resetelem, Belgium.
Eck SchekeBuugler Technologies.
Quote Reply
Re: [searchposts] Bug in Template System In reply to
It's probably interpreting that as if you were trying to escape the function. Try:

<a href="C:/THINGS/<%ID%>.jpg">

That should work.

Sean

Last edited by:

SeanP: Jun 13, 2002, 2:37 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [SeanP] Bug in Template System In reply to
Yep, I think that's the case. It is easy to work around, as the problem is fairly obvious, but it's something that shouldn't logically happen, and an area for improvement in the templates system.
------------------
Quote Reply
What happens when you try backslashes?....does it print nothing?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Bug in Template System In reply to
It generates an error.
------------------
Quote Reply
What does it say?
Quote Reply
Sorry, did actually fill all this in last night, but found the fact that my post had been erased too frustrating and thus gave up...

Code:

A fatal error has occured:

GT::Template (2368):

Unable to run compiled template file 'c:/DOCUME~1/x/MYDOCU~1/local/process/admin/templates/mint/compiled/link.html.compiled'.

Reason: $@: Missing right curly or square bracket at c:/DOCUME~1/x/MYDOCU~1/local/process/admin/templates/mint/compiled/link.html.compiled line 53, at end of line

(Might be a runaway multi-line {} string starting on line 46)syntax error at c:/DOCUME~1/x/MYDOCU~1/local/process/admin/templates/mint/compiled/link.html.compiled line 53, at EOF.

$!: at c:/DOCUME~1/x/MYDOCU~1/local/process/admin/Links.pm line 291.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.
------------------

Last edited by:

searchposts: Jun 14, 2002, 6:23 AM
Quote Reply
Could you see if:

a href=C:\\THINGS\\<%ID%>.jpg

...works. I think this is some escaping Jason may need to add in but I'd be interested to see if it works using the code above.
Quote Reply
nope, doesn't like "C:\\<%PAUL%>" one bit:

Code:

GT::Template (1208): Unable to run compiled template file 'c:/DOCUME~1/x/MYDOCU~1/local/process/admin/templates/mint/compiled/link.html.compiled'. Reason: $@: Missing right curly or square bracket at c:/DOCUME~1/x/MYDOCU~1/local/process/admin/templates/mint/compiled/link.html.compiled line 55, at end of line (Might be a runaway multi-line {} string starting on line 46) syntax error at c:/DOCUME~1/x/MYDOCU~1/local/process/admin/templates/mint/compiled/link.html.compiled line 55, at EOF. $!: at c:/DOCUME~1/x/MYDOCU~1/local/process/admin/Links.pm line 291.
n.b. am adding in arbitrary line feeds to this post as this microsoft dhtml editor strips them all out.
edit: 4th attempt; giving up.
------------------

Last edited by:

searchposts: Jun 14, 2002, 4:15 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [VanSchongluer] Bug in Template System In reply to
Hi,

I'll check into this..

Quote:
okay, i just wrote an long message and gforum deleted it went i pressed the back button after trying out the spelling check. So here is a shorter version.

It's due to the file upload form, and not being able to back into it. If it happens to you again, simply click forward, and then hit refresh. You'll see your spell checked results. From there you can press preview, or make changes.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.