Would it be difficult to sell?
Can I post it for sale in this forum?
Has anyone auctioned one at eBay?

Any responses or guidance appreciated.

How much do you want?

r.
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] Value of Links SQL license In reply to
The license is for LinksSQL. The version doesn't matter. Upgrades are free and forever. Smile

------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
At this point it's not yet for sale. It's powering my website and I'm thinking of selling the site, which might or might not include the license. I'm trying to determine the value of the license. I'm guessing that it is worth between $300-$350. Comments?
Quote Reply
Re: [cco] Value of Links SQL license In reply to
Since the license never wears out, doesn't need replacing, and doesn't get outdated, the "value" of the license should be the current price GT is selling them for.

Why would it be less for a developed directory?

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Value of Links SQL license In reply to
Thats what I was going to say :)

Its not like a used car where the value decreases....however the other way of looking at it is that most people would probably prefer to buy straight from GT and so dropping the price is a bit of an incentive.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Value of Links SQL license In reply to
I can understand the incentive bit, but if you are including the directory and data, or some other stuff, the value should be _at_least_ as much, if not more.

I'd hate to think that spending time building sites LOWERS the value of the license!

Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Oh yeah definitely, but I read it as he was just looking for a fair license valuation, I don't think he's including the whole site in that price of $350 :)
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Value of Links SQL license In reply to
That's right Paul, I was asking about the value of the license only. Someone is interested in buying my site without the license. It should be worth the full price of a new license, but I doubt anyone would pay that as most people would prefer to buy direct from GT as you stated. After reviewing pugdog's comments, I would tend to think it would be worth closer to $400. That's still a savings of $50 plus tax, and the license is identical. Thanks to all who commented and I'll post here when it becomes available.

Cheers,

Carl

Last edited by:

cco: Apr 16, 2002, 12:25 PM
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Since the license never wears out, doesn't need replacing, and doesn't get outdated, the "value" of the license should be the current price GT is selling them for.

it wouldn't come with free installation like a "new" one from gt does. and it might not still be in the free support period.

r.

Last edited by:

ryel01: Apr 16, 2002, 1:42 PM
Quote Reply
I guess you could quantify the value of the license as whether the buyer needed support or not, or if forum support was sufficient. That shouldn't reflect on the "value" of the license, though.

Many people need more than the "free" support to get their sites working, and others need no support at all.

I guess you can weigh the value of the free support/install issue over the value of the operating site, and what that is worth. Customized templates that have a unique feel, are often more than worth the cost of any amount of install, since template customization isn't included in the "Free support" and it's over all the hardest thing a new user will have to learn about links.

Also, for someone who has operating sites, the only thing they may want is the License code itself, to set up a new site, in which case that is the same value no matter where it comes from. Again, they could argue it should be cheaper without support, but you could argue if it comes with customized templates sets, it could be worth MORE than the base cost.

Point being -- The license is still worth whatever GT is charging for it .... you can add or subtract from that as you see fit.

Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
I am also interested in selling my Links SQL license because I just don't have the time to develop my site. I will sell the Links licese for the cost ($450) and also throw in my owned license for vBulletin ($160) for nothing. If somebody wants they can also have my templates.

You can see the site at: http://www.buzzaboo.com

You can email me at: john@buzzaboo.com if you are interested.

John