Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Option for BR in GT Links

Quote Reply
Option for BR in GT Links
Just like in the reviews options page, can we please have the same 'Convert line breaks to <br /> tags' option but for description column.

Will save the use of another global to achieve this.

Thanks.

--------------------------------
Privacy Software
Quote Reply
Re: [BLOOD] Option for BR in GT Links In reply to
A second request for the next/future version:

The ability to TURN OFF the sending of emails for review approvals - the same choice we have for link approvals.

~ ERASER

Free JavaScripts @ Insight Eye
Quote Reply
Re: [Eraser] Option for BR in GT Links In reply to
In Reply To:
The ability to TURN OFF the sending of emails for review approvals - the same choice we have for link approvals.
I believe this was already added in 3.2.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [BLOOD] Option for BR in GT Links In reply to
In Reply To:
Just like in the reviews options page, can we please have the same 'Convert line breaks to <br /> tags' option but for description column.

Will save the use of another global to achieve this.

Well, yes, and no. You might save the global call, but you'd still have to call it and check for it in the code.

The way the logic of Glinks is going, this sort of display change would be better off done in the templates, not the code.

Escaping output is a *better* concept from security as well, and makes you think about what you are doing/showing in the User end.

Since the number of fields added to GLinks is pretty arbitrary and unlimited, trying to modify the code in each place is unrealistic.

Moving this <%preserve_line_breaks%> or, better yet, <%preserve_html ('BR', 'P', 'N')%> etc, to preserve only paragraphs, or all line breaks makes more sense. (Allowing the use of html BR and P tags preserved gives some added formatting options)

If this was an internal routine, then for the standard links fields you could use a flag to set them in the Admin, but it would still be more uniform to modify the templates, and do it there.

Just a thought.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Option for BR in GT Links In reply to
The only option I can find for this is "admin_email_review_add" on/off but is for the administrator. I'm looking for an option not to email a user that has his review approved.

If its already in there, I'm afraid I cant see it!

~ ERASER

Free JavaScripts @ Insight Eye
Quote Reply
Re: [Eraser] Option for BR in GT Links In reply to
Oh, I see which option you're talking about now. I'll add it to my todo list.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Option for BR in GT Links In reply to
pugdog wrote:
Moving this <%preserve_line_breaks%> or, better yet, <%preserve_html ('BR', 'P', 'N')%> etc, to preserve only paragraphs, or all line breaks makes more sense. (Allowing the use of html BR and P tags preserved gives some added formatting options)
So how do you use <%preserve_line_breaks%> or <%preserve_html ('BR', 'P', 'N')%> for a long description field in the add or modify template, please?

Thanks,
--Jo
Quote Reply
Re: [iplay] Option for BR in GT Links In reply to
Hi,

What exactly are you trying to do?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Option for BR in GT Links In reply to
On the Add page a user can enter the basic description, and then a longer description in an extra field that is displayed on the Detailed page.

Users often enter line breaks and create paragraphs or even bullet points, none of which is preserved on the final (html) page. Is there any way to force a line break to be preserved, without manually entering html?

Thanks,
--Jo
Quote Reply
Hi,

You could use my ULTRAGlobals plugin (free :P)

http://www.ultranerds.com/...s/ULTRAGlobals_L217/

Then, use the NL_2_BR() function.

Hopefully that's what your after Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Sounds perfect Andy, thanks, and I've installed it, and added the following to the Detailed template:

<%Plugins::ULTRAGlobals::NL_2_BR($LongDescription)%>

But the LongDescription field is now not showing at all on the final html page.

Am I doing something stoopid? Do I have to use Luna templates (not the older Default ones) for this to work?

Thanks,
--Jo
Quote Reply
Hi,

Which version of ULTRAGlobals is that with?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

Just had a look at the version on our site - and for some reason, a bug crept back in. It was just doing return; instead of return $in; ..which is why you were not getting any data back =)

The new version (2.3.1) should have this fixed up =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
PERFECT! Thanks Andy.

Thanks,
--Jo