Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

MySQL Error

Quote Reply
MySQL Error
Hi,

I've turned up the following MySQL error with the lsql_ClickTrack table.

MySQL said: Can't open file: 'lsql_ClickTrack.MYD'. (errno: 145).

It seems to be only that table that is effected.

Would you suggest I simply empty the corrupted data in this table even though Records returns no data?

Been running Andy's Auto_Backup plugin so no data's been lost.

thanks for your help,

Charlie

Comedy Quotes - Glinks 3.3.0, PageBuilder, StaticURLtr, CAPTCHA, User_Edit_Profile

Quote Reply
Re: [Chas-a] MySQL Error In reply to
the clickTrack table is the most easily/often corrupted due to it's almost always being open for writes.

If you can drop/recreate that table, your problem will go away. Just emptying the table may not work.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Hi-

On Friday I had the same error for my Links SQL, but it was for the Category table (rather than the ClickTrack table). I host with GossamerHost, and they noted that they ran the following from shell to fix it:

mysqlcheck -r -uUSER -pPASS DATABASE

This repairs all of the tables in the database. It did solve my problem and the Category table was fixed for me. If you do have access to shell for your hosting, you might consider trying that.

--Frank
Quote Reply
Re: [FrankM] MySQL Error In reply to
>> mysqlcheck -r -uUSER -pPASS DATABASE

Not everyone can run that command -- it's really powerful, and usually disabled ;)

Also, the ClickTrack table is usually not vital information -- whereas a Category table is.

Odd the Category table was corrupted. Usually, most people (and myself included) have trouble with ClickTrack on busy sites every so often. Running ISAMCHK and mysqlcheck regularly would probably eliminate the problems.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] MySQL Error In reply to
Good point. Thanks for noting that not everyone will have access to the mysqlcheck solution. Just wanted to include another option, though, in case it is helpful to someone now or in the future. I find that when I use the forum, the more potential solutions the better ;)

Frank
Quote Reply
>>>Been running Andy's Auto_Backup plugin so no data's been lost. <<<

Oh, the joys of backups :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] MySQL Error In reply to

Thanks for the help all, went with pugdog's suggestion - drop the table and create a new one.

worked well :)

here's the structure needed if anyone comes across this issue:

LinkID int(11) PRIMARY default 0
IP char(25) PRIMARY
ClickType enum('Rate','Hits','Review') PRIMARY Rate
ReviewID int(11) PRIMARY 0
Created timestamp(14) YES MUL

Comedy Quotes - Glinks 3.3.0, PageBuilder, StaticURLtr, CAPTCHA, User_Edit_Profile