Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Custom forms for Editors

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [Gautier] Custom forms for Editors In reply to
After testing the plugin, I have come to the conclusion, that it does mess up things. E.g. when the title field of the links would show up empty when it wasn't, and things like that.

I advise you NOT TO USE the plugin, until I have come up with a more stable solution.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [nt6] Custom forms for Editors In reply to
http://www.mysql.com/...A/L/ALTER_TABLE.html

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Custom forms for Editors In reply to
Hello Ivan,

I wish I was more independent as far as this SQL stuff goes. I am seriously thinking of taking the MySql training corse in the near future... Does anyone recommend it?

Anyway, I have modified the lsql_Category table. I have set the order of the columns to what I want so that the process of filling out the form is more intuitive for everyone. I have basically just reordered the existing columns.

One question: I know I have deleted some column keys and am not quite sure what to do about it. The only key that is there now is the ID field key, as that is the only field that I didn't touch. Could you please tell me what other keys are necessary?

EDIT: these are the existing keys I have just recreated. Please take a look as I am still having some trouble:

Key name Unique Field Action
PRIMARY YES ID Drop
FatherID NO FatherID Drop
Full_Name NO Full_Name Drop
Name NO Name Drop

I know that the key names are incorrect, but I do not know how to modify them...

I hope that in a few months I will be able to start helping other people on this board... In the mean time, please help me when you get a chance.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by:

nt6: Jul 23, 2002, 4:13 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [nt6] Custom forms for Editors In reply to
Well, if you've really messed up the tables, you might want to back up your data, then go to admin-->setup-->initial setup and re-install the tables, then re-import your data.

You can best drop indexes using MySQLMan, *BUT* you'll need to also edit the .def file, since certain information is stored in them, and is *not* altered during a "resync".

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Custom forms for Editors In reply to
In Reply To:
Well, if you've really messed up the tables, you might want to back up your data, then go to admin-->setup-->initial setup and re-install the tables, then re-import your data.

You can best drop indexes using MySQLMan, *BUT* you'll need to also edit the .def file, since certain information is stored in them, and is *not* altered during a "resync".

Hi Pugdog,
I did do that because I had messed up my categories when I altered that table. My data is fine now. What I really wanted to know, was if those 3 keys were setup the right way and if there name had to be the same as they were before.

Thank you for your reply : )
> >