Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Changing Validate order

Quote Reply
Changing Validate order
If you like your NEWEST links to appear first in Validate (so you leave older ones just sit), you can make a simple change to Tools.pm about line 535:

Code:
# Get a list of links awaiting validation.
my $sth = $db->query_sth ( {
isValidated => 'No',
mh => $mh,
nh => $nh,
sb => 'Add_Date',
so => 'DESC'
});
Just change the so=> 'asc' to 'DESC' as above.

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://LinkSQL.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
Re: Changing Validate order In reply to
Hi,

I'll make this standard so people can make a link unvalidated and it won't appear in searches/directory, but they can still validate links without it getting in the way.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: Changing Validate order In reply to
Cool.

I just like to see my newest links at the top, and work my way back. That way I can quickly tell if new links exist.

The "Changes" table took away the special cases of having to make sure the modified links also showed up at the top of the listings.

BUT: There might be instances (such as editorial sites) where allowing the NEWEST modified links to be at the top would help people keep up to date.

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://LinkSQL.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Changing Validate order In reply to
I'm using the most recent version of Links SQL and it appears tools.pm does not contain that information above anymore. How would I go about making the above changes in the latest version?

I simply want to be able to validate sites on a first come, first serve basis so that the older sites are reviewed first. Also, it would be nice to be able to assign the current day's date to the entry so that sites displaying on the "what's new" page for today's date are sites that were just validated.

thanks,

marc
Quote Reply
hi pugdog,

Can you show me how can I set the order of links to validate in LinkSQL1.13?

This is the code I have found in Links::Admin_HTML, which I tried adding in so => DESC and also ASC but it didn't seem to have any effect.

Code:
sub html_validate_form {
# --------------------------------------------------------
# This page produces a list of records waiting to be validated,
#
my ($in, $db) = @_;
my ($val, $to_validate, $to_modify, $record, $form, $i, $footer, $numhits, $reason, $attach);

$val = new Links::DBSQL $LINKS{admin_root_path} . "/defs/Validate.def";
$to_validate = $val->query ( { mh => 10, Mode => 'Validate'} );
$numhits = $val->hits;
$to_modify = $val->query ( { mh => 10 - $numhits, Mode => 'Modify'} );
$numhits = $numhits + $val->hits;
$footer = &html_footer ($in, $db);

cheers,
r.
Quote Reply

Actually, I just found an old post of yours in the 1.X forum that has the answer - should have looked in there first!! Smile

Thanks,
Regan.
Quote Reply
Re: [hcom] Changing Validate order In reply to
FYI... I'm using version 2.1 and can't find any information regarding this in the forum. Thanks for any help provided.

marc
Quote Reply
Re: [hcom] Changing Validate order In reply to
Found my answer here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...ing=validate;#237906