Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Category - Defining 'home.html' to be used

Quote Reply
Category - Defining 'home.html' to be used
Hiya, got a load of categorys using the static html side so i can define different templates to different categories.

What i'm after, is a way to say for a template i've defined for a category to use a template page first.

i.e:
Home >
> Some Category > Anglia
> London
> etc
> Some other Category > Anglia
> London

So if the first 'some category' is defined to use template 'newtemplate1', the page that displays anglia / london etc links would use 'home.html' instead of 'category.html'

Reason for this is I need to put one column of links and a image to the right just for the region part and not for the counties etc. The other parts inside needs to still use category and 2 columns (as per default)

Any ideas how i would go about doing this? there something in the template set part where you build the categories like template set: something&home.html ?

Cheers.
Quote Reply
Re: [ryanbigmedia] Category - Defining 'home.html' to be used In reply to
no one? only idea i've had is to define a seperate template for the first set (the ones that show the anglia / london etc), then set another on london / anglia etc..

But would prefer to just define it to use home.html instead of category.html...

Any ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: [ryanbigmedia] Category - Defining 'home.html' to be used In reply to
I'm really confused as to what you are trying to do.

You can define template "sets" in the category itself, which is applied to that category, and all subcategories.

Other than that, I've read the message 3 times, and I can't figure out what you are asking.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Category - Defining 'home.html' to be used In reply to
hiya,
well if you define a template set onto a category, the first category that has that template set uses category.html. problem is, is that category displays the first regions, anglia / london etc..

I need to be able to display those categories (just the anglia / london etc), in a single column (hand done not generated, would be cool if i could but no worrys there), with a image on the side of it.

Problem is, is if i do that single column and the image on the side on categories.html (which it seems to use instead of home.html for the first category the template set is applied to.

So to brief that up a bit...
new template set applied to say 'xyz' which holds anglia / london an dall that needs to use home.html or ineed to be able to do a if statement to change that look of that, but the rest remains the same.

Home >
> XYZ (Uses home.html instead of category.html, this has its own template set)
> Anglia
> Some County (uses default category.html as usual)
> London
> Some County (uses default category.html as usual)

> XYZ 2 (USes home.html instead of category.html, but also has its own template set different from XYZ, the first one)
> Anglia
> Some county (uses default category.html

If ya see what i mean? :) the XYZ page needs to have a different look from the usualy categorys look (like home.html is, when you first go onto the site from the top.)