Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

After adding keywords field, no links are searched. Plz help.

Quote Reply
After adding keywords field, no links are searched. Plz help.
I tried to add a new search field (Keywords) so that users could input keywords to go along with their listings.

I went to Link>Properties>Add Coumn
and added it there using:
Keywords TEXT and a Search Weight of 1.

I then wanted the search to sort relevance based upon Title (3) then Description (2) then URL (1) and Keywords (1). So I set the weights as mentioned in the ().

When I tried to change the Description field's weight, it gave me an error saying something like TEXTAREAs had to have a form size like 30,5 (instead of just 30), so I fixed it.

I then resynced the DB, then Repaired Tables and Rebuilt the Search. And now it won't search links, it will only give the categories listings relavant to the search.

What should I do?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [Sugaar] After adding keywords field, no links are searched. Plz help. In reply to
Hi,

what do you have in your admin->setup->search options in the field build_sort_order_search ??

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
Re: [ManuGermany] After adding keywords field, no links are searched. Plz help. In reply to
I have "score".
Quote Reply
Re: [Sugaar] After adding keywords field, no links are searched. Plz help. In reply to
I'm willing to try anything if anyone else has any other ideas? Otherwise, I might have to reinstall the whole thing, which I truly don't want to do.

I tried changing the link properties between VARCHAr and CHAR and that didn't work. I also tried making sure none of the weights were the same and that didn't work either.

Any other ideas? Frown
Quote Reply
Did you try changing "score" to some other value, like Title ?

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Yes, that's how I use it.

Try changing score to:

Title,Description,URL,Keywords

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] After adding keywords field, no links are searched. Plz help. In reply to
Nothing changed. Still says 0 links.

I also have your PPC mod installed. Could me adding the keywords field be not mixing well with that or anything?

I'll try deleting the field and see what happens...

Stay tuned...lol.
Quote Reply
I tried Manu's way and I even deleted the Keywords column. Still no go.

I must have done something really screwey to my poor database. Now, if I could only figure out what it was.

(We really need one of those smileys where he's banging his head on a brick wall...lol)

I appreciate the ideas guys, keep 'em coming! =)
Quote Reply
I'd take a look at it if you want to send log on info.

You need to send it via a PM here in the forum though, or I can't get it.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.