Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Can't locate DBD

Quote Reply
Can't locate DBD
Hi,

I did a recent test search and got a page of errors
Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ......

here is the output

I don't know whats gone wrong, I think there was some server work a while back but I am unsure how to fix it.

thanks
Kevin
Quote Reply
Re: [pgtips] Can't locate DBD In reply to

It looks like your server has lost the DBI perl module. As your host to install the DBI and DBD modules, and it should work fine

DBI::*
DBD::*

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Can't locate DBD In reply to

thank you Andy,

installed them via my cPanel, should it be instant or do I need to wait for them to kick in? It all seems to have gone very pear shaped Frown

many thanks
Kevin

Once I'm up I'd like the google results plugin, will it return sponsored adsence results as well, at the least I'm hoping to avoid no results found?
Cheers

Quote Reply
Hi,

You probably need your host to do it (its a common module, so its amazing its not there as standard!). Doing it locally in CPanel means you would need to edit all your perl scripts, to use a different path to the modules (not ideal!)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
thanks Andy,
be in touch next week

rgds
Quote Reply
Hi,

Quote:
Once I'm up I'd like the google results plugin, will it return sponsored adsence results as well, at the least I'm hoping to avoid no results found?

NP - I think it may need some work - as google have changed their API's around a fair bit over the last few years (from when it was written). It would really just need a test, and then see if it still works (and if not, then work out another method of getting the results)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Cheers Andy, my hoster installed and fixed it... only now there seems to be another problem I cannot access admin.cgi to login, internal server errors.

Have asked them to look again. Then maybe I can get to work with the google plugin.

Many thanks
Kevin
Quote Reply
It could be that your .htaccess file in the /cgi-bin/admin folder, needs the path changing (sometimes they even change the paths to files without telling you!)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
thank you again Andy, yes it looked a bit odd, it had home2 in it so I changed that but must be something a bit deeper as it still cannot find the file, I've posted up a server support request and will post back for the outcome, might be something useful for others in this.

they've obviously done something which is quite annoying.
Quote Reply
This is strange, my permissions have possibly all gone.

[Tue Apr 15 16:10:49 2014] [error] [client 89.243.196.192] suexec failure: could not open log file
[Tue Apr 15 16:10:49 2014] [error] [client 89.243.196.192] fopen: Permission denied
[Tue Apr 15 16:10:49 2014] [error] [client 89.243.196.192] Premature end of script headers: admin.cgi
[Tue Apr 15 16:10:49 2014] [error] [client 89.243.196.192] File does not exist: /home/ukpages/public_html/500.shtml

my host says "
You may need to edit the permissions of the files within this area of your account for this to work correctly."

which may be true, but where do I find out what they must be, or can someone tell me what the permissions should be.

many thanks
Kevin

Quote Reply
You may have the /cgi-bin/admin folder set as CHMOD 777. Try changing to 755

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
thanks Andy, tried that but it does not seem to have made any difference.

Might it be possible a file is missing if permissions are correct?

Kevin
Quote Reply
Hi,

Its hard to know without looking. What path to perl do you have in admin.cgi? Cos when Perl modules get reset, that can sometimes mean the path to perl has changed again. Try:

#!/usr/bin/perl
#!/usr/local/bin/perl (this is most likely what its set at already, and they've removed the symlink to it)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
yesss.

thank you Andy, what a nice start to the easter bank holiday,

it required
#!/usr/bin/perl

which I did not have. I know I would not have touched that so there has been a server change somewhere but relieved its fixed.

Will install google plugin next week if ok, not going to get much done between now and next week.

Can I ask, the auto backup plugin I have, saves to home2 but thats not right i don't think, where is the file to alter that?

thank you again, and happy easter.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Hi

I had a similar problem. Turned out my host switched frontera apache to lughtspeed.
That broke paths, perl, htaccess, and dB access.
Of course andy was a hero and fixed part and part told me what was missing and my host installed a bunch of modules.
Everything was fixed.
May want to look into that.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Glad that got it going. It seems to be something that happens when they upgrade cPanel to a newer version. Its beyond me why it overwrites all the modules + the path to perl though! (thats the 4th or 5th time I've seen this in the last few months)

Quote:
Can I ask, the auto backup plugin I have, saves to home2 but thats not right i don't think, where is the file to alter that?

It should be using the config values, so as long as your paths are correct in /Config/Data.pm, then it should work fine :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thanks Andy,

am I reading this right, it says home2,

<<0 1 * * 1 perl /home2/myfolder/public_html/cgi-bin/search/admin/ace_backup.cgi --action=defs <DELETE>>>

but in admin root path it is

<</home/myfolder/public_html/cgi-bin/search/admin>>

in environment it is
System Information ====================================== Current user: ukpages (710) Perl version: 5.10.1 Gossamer Links version: 3.3.0 GT::Template version: 2.170 Running under mod_perl: No Running under SpeedyCGI: No @INC = /home/myfolder/public_html/cgi-bin/search/admin
would this possibly be a update/propogate thing. I tried deleting each but it comes back?

No worries by the way this is not important for now, have a really nice easter, speak next week and thank you again for your assistance.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Hi,

Yeah, looks like you need to update your cronjobs to point to the new path (its amazing those got kept, but not everything else! ;))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Smile

done.

Speak after easter,

Kevin