Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Build Changed Only - Not Updating Links Count

Quote Reply
Build Changed Only - Not Updating Links Count
Hi there...:)

When I do a "Build Changed" of my links it only updates pages that have new and/or removed links from the listing. It doesn't update pages where the link count may have increased.

Is this a function or a flaw? :)

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: [pauls] Build Changed Only - Not Updating Links Count In reply to
New and/or removed links. This is logical. Since the link count should not change otherwise than adding new or removing links... Smile

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Build Changed Only - Not Updating Links Count In reply to
Sorry, should have been more clear...

The number of times a link has been clicked on..;) Links where the click-thru count has been adjusted are not considered new and/or changed when building..
Quote Reply
Hi,

No, it should update links that have had the link count increased since the last build. Every time a link is modified (and that includes increasing the link count), the timestamp is updated. Build changed will update any category that has links in it that have been updated since last build.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Quote:
The number of times a link has been clicked on..;)
Oh, sorry. I thought you mean link number in a category. Blush

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Build Changed Only - Not Updating Links Count In reply to
Hi Alex..

I ran an updated "Build Changed" and then went back and clicked on a link to increase the count. The count increased as I verified via the MySQL however when I "rebuilt changed" it did not output the new webpage containing that site with the updated stats.

Can you verify on your running installation that this works? Could it be a problem at my end?

Anything I can do to help, please let me know. :)

Paul Stewart
Quote Reply
I am having the same problem.

Anyone find a fix for it?