Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

order by price

Quote Reply
order by price
I use the Price-gt and the Price-lt like this
search.cgi?query=Canon+Powershot&Price-gt=1000&Price-lt=2000

If in the query I insert just one word it return the correct result.
If I insert more than one word like in the like above I get the correct resolute for the query, but it not use use the price adjustment.

I use for the search- Indexing Scheme internal

is it not need to support more than one word.
Quote Reply
Re: [nir] order by price In reply to
You tried sb=Price&so=DESC in the URL?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Last edited by:

Andy: Sep 27, 2010, 4:46 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] order by price In reply to
The sb=Price&so=DESC is order the price good, but but it not use use the price adjustment. so I get the resolute form the higher to the lower.
Quote Reply
Are you saying that it DOES sort theresults by "Price", but NOT in the correct order?

What column type is your "Price"? Ideally, you want a "FLOAT" , as that will sort correctly, and allow for decimal numbers.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] order by price In reply to
Are you saying that it DOES sort the results by "Price", but NOT in the correct order?
Correct, it sort the price form the greater price that have in the data. But if I insert Price-gt=1000&Price-lt=2000 it not change the results or the order of it.

What column type is your "Price"? Ideally, you want a "FLOAT" , as that will sort correctly, and allow for decimal numbers.
I use Price for the column price.
Don't understand the "FLOAT" issue

thanks for you help
Quote Reply
Hi,

What I mean by the FLOAT, is that you either need a "column type" of INT (if you DONT use decimals - i.e 1499.99) .... OR a FLOAT... which you will have to proably set in mySQLMan, as there is no way to do this from the GLinks Admin area :(

Quote:
Correct, it sort the price form the greater price that have in the data. But if I insert Price-gt=1000&Price-lt=2000 it not change the results or the order of it.

Can you give me some example URL's, and tell me which ones are working right? Bit hard to "guess" what you are on about Wink

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk