Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Core files missing from install

Quote Reply
Core files missing from install
I don't understand how, but with a fresh new install of v3 onto a new domain (and now upgraded to v3.0.4) I don't have anything in the folder where the css, javascript and images should be (build_static_url).

Any remedy? Any ideas what's up? I double checked the system path and the url for that location and it's not locked.
Kevin

My Green Promise: To learn (and practice) as much as I can about living a sustainable life and then spreading the word.
What's your Green Promise?
Quote Reply
Re: [kthull] Core files missing from install In reply to
Check your build_static_path - that's where those files get installed to. You can either move the files from the location that build_static_path is currently set to, or you can fix the path, and then 'upgrade' the installation to reinstall the files.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Core files missing from install In reply to
That's the part that doesn't make sense...the path is correct (checked now for the fourth time) and when I view the html code after it's built, it's referencing the correct url, just no files exist in that folder.
Kevin

My Green Promise: To learn (and practice) as much as I can about living a sustainable life and then spreading the word.
Quote Reply
If the files aren't there, then did you check the installer messages when you first installed for errors (probably a little late now). You can still just re-run the installer to install those files though.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hmm, don't recall errors on either the install or the two upgrades.

If I re-run the installer, will it take me back to the default state? I've been adding columns and categories for the past couple days and would hate to lose that work.

And before I do anything, is there any chance a hyphen in the folder name would create a problem? That's the only thing different than my other sites running v2.x
Kevin

Quote Reply
No you won't lose anything (unless you changed system files). It's just like a regular upgrade.

In Reply To:
And before I do anything, is there any chance a hyphen in the folder name would create a problem? That's the only thing different than my other sites running v2.x
No, a hyphen in the folder name shouldn't be a problem.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Well it worked, kinda. I see in the installer log that it's ignoring the specified path and dumping everything into a /static folder.

I don't understand why it's ignoring my path, but at least I know what to change to be up and running.

Thanks
Kevin

Quote Reply
hrm, that's strange - it shouldn't be doing that. Do you happen to have the installer log handy still? If you do, could you send me a copy of it as well as your paths? Thanks.

Adrian