Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Block Domains

Quote Reply
Block Domains
I have Links SQL 2.1.2 and use a two step signup form. What I would like to do is block people from becoming members using a hotmail.com, excite.com or .ru eMail address. The javascript solution posted back in 2003 isn't working (likely because of my two step form). Does anyone have a way of blocking these addresses via the script itself?

--

Kriis
Quote Reply
Re: [kriis] Block Domains In reply to
Hi Kriis:

I am not sure whether there is a way to do this with Links signup ...... (but I am sure others with more knowledge than myself will no ways of doing this).

Another way is by using Community for your login - you can setup some rules (Signup Monitor) fairly easily that allows you to ban certain email addresses or other criteria for any of the fields.

Regards,

Clint.
--------------------------
http://AffiliatesDirectory.com
The Affiliate Programs Directory
Quote Reply
Hi,

Mmm... how do you mean "2 steps" ? Can we see an example? It should still be possible to block certain domains.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Block Domains In reply to
If you check out the site at http://www.1001Recipes2Send.com you will see that the header on every page has the first name and eMail address form which when submitted forwards the user to a full sign up form.

Thanks in advance for any help!

--

Kriis
Quote Reply
Any ideas?

--

Kriis
Quote Reply
Hi,

Mmm.. I've had a look for some JS code for you, but couldn't find any. I'll see if I can put together a simple plugin for you.

The "2 step" shouldn't be a problem Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi,

Give this plugin a go.

I've set it up to block:

Quote:
hotmail.com
excite.com
.ru

You can edit this in the plugins "Settings" (there is a "Settings" link on the left frame for this plugin).

I've tested this on my dev install, and it works like a charm <G>

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I downloaded the file and did an install from the Plugins Download area but got the following error:

Unable to load plugin BlockEmailAddress Reason: Install.pm does not compile: Invalid symbol: :objects imported by Plugins::BlockEmailAddress at /home/r1001rec/public_html/db/admin/Links.pm line 52. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 20) line 18. Unable to load plugin BlockEmailAddress Reason: Install.pm does not compile: Invalid symbol: :objects imported by Plugins::BlockEmailAddress at /home/r1001rec/public_html/db/admin/Links.pm line 52. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 20) line 18. Unable to load plugin BlockEmailAddress Reason: Install.pm does not compile: Invalid symbol: :objects imported by Plugins::BlockEmailAddress at /home/r1001rec/public_html/db/admin/Links.pm line 52. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 20) line 18. Unable to load plugin BlockEmailAddress Reason: Install.pm does not compile: Invalid symbol: :objects imported by Plugins::BlockEmailAddress at /home/r1001rec/public_html/db/admin/Links.pm line 52. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 20) line 18. Unable to load plugin BlockEmailAddress Reason: Install.pm does not compile: Invalid symbol: :objects imported by Plugins::BlockEmailAddress at /home/r1001rec/public_html/db/admin/Links.pm line 52. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 20) line 18.

--

Kriis
Quote Reply
P.S.

Line 18 of your Install.pm has:

Code:
use Links qw/:objects/;

but all of my other plugins use:

Code:
use Links qw/$CFG $IN $DB/;

Could this be the issue?

--

Kriis
Quote Reply
Hi,

Sorry, about that - just change:

Code:
use Links qw/:objects/;

to:

Code:
Use Links qw/$CFG $IN $DB/;

and it should work Smile

The reason it has this, is because I developed it on GLinks 3.2, and not LSQL =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

I've added this Plugin to our site now: http://www.ultranerds.com/...ckEmailAddress_L231/

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk