Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Luna templates?

Quote Reply
Luna templates?
If I changed to Luna templates from Mint, I have to add all changes to Luna now? Like extra form fields, banner code etc?

CAN I COPY 'Template globals' from Mint to Luna?

thanks.

Last edited by:

hegu: Feb 28, 2009, 4:38 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [hegu] Luna templates? In reply to
Hi,

If you really wanted to use the "mint" template set, then simply upload that to your current install. Don't overwrite the luna stuff though.

The luna template sets have a lot of cool stuff though, which you will loose if you change over to the `mint` set (cos the tempalte codes are quite different)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Luna templates? In reply to
1. I want to delete all extra 'Columns' that I created in 'Database > Links > Properties.

I can do that before using Luna? (Ofcourse I will remove tags from template files)

What are default columns that linkssql need?

2. I want to see how luna template looks? What I have to click in adminpanel to see it? I want to modify the template before I build the links.

thanks.

Last edited by:

hegu: Apr 8, 2009, 8:03 AM
Quote Reply
Hi,

I wouldn't start deleting fields ;) (quite a few used, and don't have time to list all the ones you need)

To view the luna template set in action, you can use:

page.cgi?d=1;t=luna

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
It seems everything went OK with luna templates.

One more question: (I searched the forums. but couldn't find it)

I can create a category where I can only submit links? Like my personal category?

I can remove it from link submission form so others can not submit to it. But how can I restrict that category to that user? I mean if I login with that UN/PW only, I can view that category and submit link to. For all other users/logins, it won't display/accept links.

category and Links will be displayed to public.

========

I can allow html in the description textbox during link submission? How?

thanks very much.

Last edited by:

hegu: Apr 11, 2009, 7:37 PM
Quote Reply
I did little digging. I can add an 'Editor' to add content. This serves my purpose.

But HOW TO restrict that only that editor to add content to that category? No other people (though registered) should add content/links to that particular category. This content/links can be displayed to public like any other links.
Quote Reply
Hi,

So what you are asking for, is the ability to limit categories that people can add listings to (apart from the editors) ? If so, thats not possible. Its something I (and others) would certainly like to see added in newer versions of GLinks though :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote:
So what you are asking for, is the ability to limit categories that people can add listings to (apart from the editors) ? If so, thats not possible. Its something I (and others) would certainly like to see added in newer versions of GLinks though :)

Mmmm... Can I enable payment option to submit links to only one category atleast? This possible?

==================

I seached the adminpanel, but how to make the category/subcategory list dropdown on link submission page? Right now user has to go to the category and click on 'add link'.

thanks.