Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Can't call method "fetchrow_arrayref" on an undefined value

Quote Reply
Can't call method "fetchrow_arrayref" on an undefined value
Upgrading 2.x to 3.2.0.

Got this error:

------------------------------ErrorAn error occured:
Can't call method "fetchrow_arrayref" on an undefined value at /home/USER/public_html/cgi-bin/resources/admin/GT/SQL/Upgrade.pm line 207.
----------------------------------------------------

Any idea? I couldn't go to next page. (No 'Next' button)

thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [hegu] Can't call method "fetchrow_arrayref" on an undefined value In reply to
When I try to login into admin panel:

------------------------------
A fatal error has occured:

GT::Template::Inheritance (20213): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. Path /templates/admin does not exist or is not a directory at /home/USER/public_html/cgi-bin/resources/admin/GT/Config.pm line 396.
Please enable debugging in setup for more details.
---------------------------

thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [hegu] Can't call method "fetchrow_arrayref" on an undefined value In reply to
Hi,

Do you have a backup of your old installation? (you should always do that!) ... if so, then restore it - and then set debug => enabled, and run again (but from SSH)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Can't call method "fetchrow_arrayref" on an undefined value In reply to
I have backup. After restoring it, how to run installation from SSH?Unsure
Quote Reply
Hi,

Ok cool.

Well, first of all log into SSH, then try:

cd /full/path/to/your/admin/folder
perl install.cgi

..then follow the instructions :) (obviously upload install.cgi/.dat into your admin folder :))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
OK. I did that. Got many errors. I don't know how to copy all those errors. It says login adminpanel. I did > It says there are 7 critical updates/11 optional > I installed all of them.

Now I am looking at the adminpanel:

build_static_url
build_static_path

WHAT IT MEANS BY 'static paths' and 'static templates'?

Is there any user guide explaining version 3.x.x

thanks.

Last edited by:

hegu: Oct 9, 2008, 12:01 PM
Quote Reply
Hi,

Mmm.. I'm not sure what else to suggest. If you don't mind paying, we do offer an upgrade service ($75). Please PM me if you are interested.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Can't call method "fetchrow_arrayref" on an undefined value In reply to
There are no errors right now.

I just want to know what is the purpose of:
build_static_url
build_static_path

There are already 'mint' templates. Right?

Then what is the purpose of above two paths?

thanks.
Quote Reply
Ok cool.

The "static" files are for the "luna" template set. If you are using GLinks 3.2 (and using stuff like the treecats), then this will be something like /pages/static/luna. However, the "mint" tempalte is for LinksSQL, so you shouldn't need that (even so, these should be filled in)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
So if mint template set is for Linkssql, I can't continue using it for Glinks ?

thanks.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Sure you can - you just won't get the full advantage of some of the cool features :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thanks!

How this 'luna' templates look like?
Quote Reply
Hi,

Like this:

http://demo.gossamer-threads.com/linkssql/

The main things you are gonna be missing out on, are:

1) The CSS compliant design
2) The "AJAX Treecats" (a cool system for when adding links)
3) Depending on the version of LSQL you were running, you most likely didn't have the payment for links option)
4) The built in "bookmark" system
5) Again, depending on the version you were running before - you most likely don't have access to the reviews for links.

BTW, you can test it out on your own site, by going to page.cgi?t=luna (this will load the luna template set for you)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk