Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

multiple duplicate relationships

Quote Reply
multiple duplicate relationships
Hi guys,

Is it possible to have duplicate relationships for two tables. I have two tables : MEMBERS and COUNTIES. I am using a relationship to generate a drop down list for one field in the MEMBERS table from the contents of the COUNTIES table. I want to use the COUNTIES table to do the same again but, for a different field in the MEMBERS table.

Does that make sense? Is it possible? At the moment all it does if I try to create another relationship for the different field, it updates the original MEMBERS-COUNTIES relationship.

Cheers,

Hannah
Quote Reply
Re: [hannahmackenzie] multiple duplicate relationships In reply to
Quote:
At the moment all it does if I try to create another relationship for the different field, it updates the original MEMBERS-COUNTIES relationship.

I haven't used relations actively in my developments, yet.
But based on your experience above, it seems multiple relations are not supported.

Alex would be able to tell you more about this, and probably some info about future plans, too.
So bumping up the post to the top.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [hannahmackenzie] multiple duplicate relationships In reply to
Hi,

Yes this is possible as far as I know. How did you create the tables?

You will probably need to write a short perl script to create the foreign keys or you can manually edit the .def file if you know what you are going. Using the perl method and GT::SQL may be better as I think it does a circular reference check.