Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

What's the purpose of keeping all "Historical" Records in lsql_Verify

Quote Reply
What's the purpose of keeping all "Historical" Records in lsql_Verify
Find that all Verify records are kept (including the historical ones).
So if a Links DB with 1000 links is verified completely each month, there would be 12000 records in Verify table (for 1000 links)

Question is what is the purpose of keeping all the hiistorical records and not just the current one's

HyTC

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] What's the purpose of keeping all "Historical" Records in lsql_Verify In reply to
Does this mean that LSQL with one million links verified 12 times in a year would let this table have 12 million records??

Silence is really killing

HyTC
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] What's the purpose of keeping all "Historical" Records in lsql_Verify In reply to
In Reply To:
Does this mean that LSQL with one million links verified 12 times in a year would let this table have 12 million records??

Right!

I use mysqlman to empty thise table after 3 runs of links-verify

Best regards from
Bremen/Germany

Lothar
Quote Reply
Re: [eljot] What's the purpose of keeping all "Historical" Records in lsql_Verify In reply to
Oh i thought it was some "Cool Feature" so i asked this as i failed to find a reason or utility of the same. Yeah i have seen many talking about few million links database so just wondered that either in 12 months it could mean 12 million records for a monthly verify of a 1 million links db. Unless GT developers have a specific reason for doing so, it should be incorporated in their regular build. Logically only the current record set should be maintained.

Thanks for info.

HyTC

Thanks
HyTC

Last edited by:

HyperTherm: Oct 13, 2004, 7:05 AM
Quote Reply
Sometimes it's a good idea to hold a link which is
marked as bad for a while. Then you can see the
history for each link and decide to kick or not...

Best regards from
Bremen/Germany

Lothar
Quote Reply
Re: [eljot] What's the purpose of keeping all "Historical" Records in lsql_Verify In reply to
Hmmm maybe. I wonder how many with those huge databsae really run verify when v 2.2.0 causes all sorts of errors

Despite being a repeat client, we are least impressed.

:(

HyTC
Quote Reply
“Logically only the current record set should be maintained”

Like Lothar, I also find it useful to see the past status of the links.
If they show up as bad continuously, I will then delete the link, but not until the second or third time.

“Despite being a repeat client, we are least impressed.”

I find that if I’m not happy with a product, service or support, I go else where, I’m sure there are other options.

Regards

minesite
Quote Reply
Re: [minesite] What's the purpose of keeping all "Historical" Records in lsql_Verify In reply to
Go elsewhere for support :0
Go Elsewhere for alternative product --yes that sounds feasible. ==> Sing a song of good praise or get lost is what that's implied?

HyTC

Thanks
HyTC

Last edited by:

HyperTherm: Oct 13, 2004, 4:21 PM