Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Different Number of Catgory Columns

Quote Reply
Different Number of Catgory Columns
Searched and could not find the answer!

I want to display categories in 2 columns on the index page, 1 column on a few of the main categories and 3 columns on a few of the sub categories.

Is it possible to do this? If so could you please provide the info! I don't have a clue.

Thanks,

Craven
Quote Reply
Re: [craven32] Different Number of Catgory Columns In reply to
I thought for sure someone would know this! I see hotscripts.com using it this way. But again I'm not much of a perl man...

Craven
Quote Reply
Well, you need a global for displaying different numbers of columns. And then you could use, <%if ID eq '1'%><%cat_columns(2)%><%elsif ID eq '2'%><%cat_columns(3)%>....<%endif%>

However, the global might be quite complicated! I seem to remember that there are some globals for different numbers of columns in the forum (or they might have been mods to the core code - I can't remember).
Quote Reply
Hello,

There is a proposal here

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=212197#212197

But, it did not work for me

I am not very strong: (

Mick

Last edited by:

mick31: Oct 17, 2003, 2:19 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Different Number of Catgory Columns In reply to
I've been searching the forums with no luck! I'd love to get this working! I just wish I could figure out how to write globals and plugins. I figured someone would have a plugin for this already.

craven
Quote Reply
Re: [mick31] Different Number of Catgory Columns In reply to
I took a look at that post but it's not exactly what I was looking for. I did give it a try with no success either. Hopefully someone can figure out how to do this

Craven