Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

2.2.1 upgrade frustrations

Quote Reply
2.2.1 upgrade frustrations
When upgrading from 2.2.0 to 2.2.1 I get the following error:

Performing Links SQL 2.1.2 -> 2.2.0 upgrades...
Old PPC plugin detected - you must upgrade the PPC plugin to 1.93 or above before upgrading Links SQL.

As far as I know, no PPc plugin is installed. Any ideas?

cdkrg

Able2Know :: Ajooja Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [cdkrg] 2.2.1 upgrade frustrations In reply to
Can you send me an e-mail with admin panel access information, and I'll take a look. This error shouldn't show up unless the PPC plugin is actually detected in the plugin config file.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Hi,

It turns on there was in fact a bug in the PPC plugin detection - I've updated the installation files with the detection fix, as well as the Official Bug Fix I just posted (for FTP link verification).

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] 2.2.1 upgrade frustrations In reply to
Still no love. Pirate

Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at install.cgi line 7123.

Last night, when I realized the PPC sniffing was buggy I'd commented it out and gotten the same error.

This time, I'm getting the error from a completely fresh download (from today's update).

cdkrg

Quote Reply
This error is strange - that particular portion of the install file hasn't changed since 2.2.0, and hasn't been encountered before. I've uploaded a new 2.2.1 install file that should avoid this error. Sorry about this - hopefully this one works properly for you!

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
I'll give it a whirl. 16th time's the charm. Wink

cdkrg

Quote Reply
It worked. Thank you.

Incidentally, does it delete install.cgi and install.dat automatically now?

By the way, verify is no longer marking all links as having a bad format, but "check-problem" still gives "no links to check" even if there are links.

cdkrg

Quote Reply
And verify still gives these errors:

Usage: $obj->readblock($scalar, BLOCK_SIZE) at /home/a2kname/public_html/search/cgi-bin/admin/GT/WWW/http.pm line 770
Content-type: text/html Missing URL Request Failed (unresolvable)
Missing URL Request Failed (unresolvable)
<p><font face='Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica' size=2>A fatal error has occured:</font></p><blockquote><pre>Usage: $obj->readblock($scalar, BLOCK_SIZE) at /home/a2kname/public_html/search/cgi-bin/admin/GT/WWW/http.pm line 770 Missing URL Request Failed (unresolvable)
</pre></blockquote><p><font face='Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica' size=2>Please enable debugging in setup for more details.</font></p> Missing URL Request Failed (unresolvable)

cdkrg

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Incidentally, does it delete install.cgi and install.dat automatically now?
It should

In Reply To:
By the way, verify is no longer marking all links as having a bad format, but "check-problem" still gives "no links to check" even if there are links.
Can you be a little more specific? I'm not sure what you're talking about. What would be best is if you sent me admin login information and instructions on what you did to make it happen.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] 2.2.1 upgrade frustrations In reply to
In Reply To:
Can you be a little more specific?

Yes.

Links that have problems of various sorts can be rechecked using the "--check-problem" parameter.

But regardless of whether there are "problem links" or not, nph-verify.cgi will always report:

Quote:
Checking 0 links...

No links to check!

This is one of numerous verify problems introduced with the avent of version 2.2.0 and one that was not resolved with 2.2.1

Additionally, nph-verify.cgi continues to give the other error I quoted above on occassion.

cdkrg

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
And verify still gives these errors:

Try changing GT/WWW/http.pm, on line 766:

Code:
my $read_size = $chunk_size * 0.5;

to:

Code:
my $read_size = int($chunk_size * 0.5) || 1;

There _is_ a bug present, but it's somewhat surprising that it hasn't been encountered before. If this fixes the problem, let me know and I'll post it as an official bug fix.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Looks like it's working so far. I'm running my whole database (unfortunately) to check as it was transitive in the past and only checking a few links would not ensure functionality.

I've done 7,000 so far and I think it's safe to assume that it works now.

Questions:

1) will this be in an updated install? I want to know if I need to patch in teh event of a reinstallation or upgrade.

2) can I get some rudimentary help with SQL that I can use to spread out my database of links? Basically, I want to put a fake "last verified" date in, based on the link ID so that I can get back to a 30 day spread.

What I had in mind was to separate the whole database by link ID (divide my links by 30) and then insert dates (spread over the last 30 days) in the last verified column.

Some quick pointers would spare me a lot of rooting around.

cdkrg

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
1) will this be in an updated install? I want to know if I need to patch in teh event of a reinstallation or upgrade.
I just updated the 2.2.1 installer and posted an Official Bug Fix.

In Reply To:
2) can I get some rudimentary help with SQL that I can use to spread out my database of links? Basically, I want to put a fake "last verified" date in, based on the link ID so that I can get back to a 30 day spread.

What I had in mind was to separate the whole database by link ID (divide my links by 30) and then insert dates (spread over the last 30 days) in the last verified column.
Assuming you are using MySQL, the following query should do what you want:
Code:
UPDATE lsqldev_Links SET Date_Checked = FROM_UNIXTIME(UNIX_TIMESTAMP() - (ID % 30) * 24 * 60 * 60);
Using that query, you'll end up with Date_Checked being set to today for 30, 60, 90, ..., yesterday for 1, 31, 61, ..., 2 days ago for 2, 32, 62, ..., and so on up to 29 days ago for 29, 59, 89, ...

You could change this a little to give each link a random date and time over the past 30 days by changing '(ID % 30)' to 'RAND() * 30'.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Thank you Jason, your SQL is a lot more clever than what I had in mind to cobble together.

I'll try it now.

cdkrg

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Can you be a little more specific?

Yes.

Links that have problems of various sorts can be rechecked using the "--check-problem" parameter.

But regardless of whether there are "problem links" or not, nph-verify.cgi will always report:

Quote:
Checking 0 links...

No links to check!
Jason, Just an FYI (not critical to me) but this issue above hasn't been resolved.

cdkrg