Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Mystery Paths

Quote Reply
Mystery Paths
Hi:

Call me a glutton for punishment- I moved my links install from one directory to another... (actually, I re-designed the whoil look, so I started with a fresh install- seemed like a good idea at the time!)

Anyway, I moved from /web/a/path to /web/b/path. I did a global search and replace of "a" to "b" in ConfigData.pm and copied that over. Obviously (I thought!) with the new, fresh install to "b", all the paths would be correct there. But in the process of copying SOMETHING over, I am getting a couple path errors.

The strangest is when I try to build Links- I got an error that it could not find ConfigData.pm.... but guess where it was looking??? Would you beleive /web/b/a/path??? The actual error is: Links::Config (69701): Config file 'ConfigData.pm' does not exist in directory
'/hd2/web/c/bcdb/public_html/bcdb/admin/Links' or has incorrect permissions set. at /hd2/web/c/cartoon/public_html/bcdb/admin/Links.pm line 66. (the c/bcdb should be b/bcdb)

I did a global search for /c/bcdb , but did not find that string anywhere... So, any idea WHERE tis might be set at?

Second path problem... seems the path to the admin of both OLD and NEW installs are in INC@... any idea where this could be coming from????

Thanks!~
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
Re: [carfac] Mystery Paths In reply to
You need to modify the paths in the .cgi scripts (add.cgi, modify.cgi, admin.cgi, etc), and also I believe at the top of some of the .pm files. Its not a particually fun job, but thats why people pay idiots like me to do it Tongue

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Mystery Paths In reply to
Quote:
paths in the .cgi scripts (add.cgi, modify.cgi, admin.cgi, etc),

That is why I did a whole, fresh reinstall in the new path. Maybe I copied something over wrong (or unmodified). Will check...
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
OK, found one- the /c/bcdb path. that was in nph-build.cgi

could someone give me a quick advanced course in grep? I know the basics- how to search a singe file. I want to search from one directory down, and for "c/cartoon" I think I need to escape the "/" in that search expression... and lets say I want to search "/hd2/web/b/bcdb/public_html/" down...

something like:

grep "c/cartoon" /hd2/web/b/bcdb/public_html/* does not seem to work...
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
Try this in SSH;

cd /path/to/your/NEW/links/folder
grep -r -l '/old/path/to/find' .

That should give you a list of files, which still have the old paths in...

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Andy:

Thanks- you are a Prince!
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
Thanks Alex... he's the one that showed me the command... I'm still a newbie when it comes to grep too Blush

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
for what it's worth, on my system, you had to use this format:

grep -r 'term' /path/to/start/search/in

the "r" is recursive...
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
OK, I grepped the whole Links install for "c/cartoon", found a couple straggles, but nothing too big. Changed them all to 'b/bcdb'. Restarted. the 'c/cartoon' still shows in the path. So I grepped the whole forum install, and the GTComm install... nada.

Restarted. Still there.

I found this in enviromnet:

Links (89406): GT::Template::parse called at /hd2/web/c/cartoon/public_html/bcdb/admin/Links.pm line 251 with arguments
(GT::Template, setup_env.html, ARRAY(0x9cb9884), HASH(0x9cb986c)).

Which I THINK is a clue: this is the only line that calls to 'c/cartoon'- so I took a good look through Links.pm, but do not see 'c/cartoon' in there... so it must be something CALLING Links.pm (and, obvioisly, the WRONG one....)
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase