Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

adding a link problem

Quote Reply
adding a link problem
I have noticed the following behaviour when payments enabled (manual/optional) and new link added:

The user submits the link through the form and sees the payment options page, where they can select if they want to pay or submit as a free link. If they stop there and do not select a payment/free option the link is added with status 'awaiting payment'. If the link is validated, it does not appear, as it waits approval of payment, although there is no payment available in the payments section.

In my opinion it would be better if the link is added to the database after the payment selection is completed (or if not completed to be added as free).

Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: [Taki-x] adding a link problem In reply to
Due to how links are displayed, doing that wouldn't be easy. Also, links awaiting payment in categories which require payment should not be shown. I think this situation wouldn't happen often enough to warrant the extra complexity to the code to do so.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] adding a link problem In reply to
It is true that it's not happening often. Maybe a javascript to warn the user that the registration has not been completed if they leave the page without pressing the next button?
Quote Reply
Re: [Taki-x] adding a link problem In reply to
I agree with you for this, did you come up with a solution ?

Cheers
KevM
Quote Reply
Re: [KevM] adding a link problem In reply to
This has been a problem, but GT won't fix it.
Quote Reply
Re: [rascal] adding a link problem In reply to
I get 3-4 submissions a day in which people do not pay, yes I did post that payment is required but you know the jerks who think some how their site will get listed.

This is unneccesary only paid links should show up as needing validation, I do not use Manual Payments.

Payment=Validation, that makes sense, not the other way around.

Last edited by:

rascal: Sep 10, 2006, 1:15 PM