Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

"New" flags mystery continues

Quote Reply
"New" flags mystery continues
I've been having a problem with the new flags not updating for a while now. I've been updating them from the command line, but with 4 sites on different hosts, that gets a little time consuming. I noticed something recently that's got me stumped once again.

If I do a Build All, the flags get updated. If I do a Build Staggered (which is usually necessary), they don't. The "Updating Cool Flags" flashes on the screen briefly, then it moves on to the next page. I've tried turning dynamic mode on and off, and that doesn't make any difference. I looked at the code on the nph-build.cgi page, and it looks like it should be updating the New flags. It's just not.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [Spacemanspiff] "New" flags mystery continues In reply to
Sorry it took so long, but I finally had a chance to start catching up on these posts. I took a look and it seems that it was accidentally removed in 3.x. Can you try this patch to nph-build.cgi and let me know if it corrects your problem (I'm 95% sure it was accidentally removed and wasn't deliberately removed):
Code:
--- nph-build.cgi 19 Dec 2007 06:59:12 -0000 1.94
+++ nph-build.cgi 1 May 2008 06:41:08 -0000
@@ -186,6 +186,8 @@
$start_time
);
_build_reset_hits();
+ _build_new_flags();
+ _build_changed_flags();
_build_cool_flags();
_footer();
}

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] "New" flags mystery continues In reply to
I'm not sure where that bit of code should go in the file. In nph_build.cgi, in the build_staggered subroutine, there's this

Code:
($stage == 2) and do {
_header("Building Staggered: Updating Link Flags.", "Links SQL is now updating the new, changed and popular flags.", "nph-build.cgi?do=staggered&s=3");
_build_reset_hits();
_build_new_flags();
_build_changed_flags();
_build_cool_flags();
_footer();
last CASE;
};
Quote Reply
Re: [Spacemanspiff] "New" flags mystery continues In reply to
Look around line 186, and change:
Code:
_build_reset_hits();
_build_cool_flags();
_footer();
to:
Code:
_build_reset_hits();
_build_new_flags();
_build_changed_flags();
_build_cool_flags();
_footer();

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] "New" flags mystery continues In reply to
I was looking at an older version of the file. I downloaded the correct version from the server, added the code, and it works fine.

Mystery solved.

Thanks Adrian.