Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Modify not working properly?

Quote Reply
Modify not working properly?
I've got LinksSQL version 2.12 and just got it installed. I also installed a few plugins:

Ace_News
Basic_Banner
Detailed_Page
Multi_Categories
PageBuilder
Recommend_It
SearchLogger
XMLResults

When I add a link, it shows up in admin.cgi to be validated, when I modify a link (from the front end) It tells me it recieved the submission, and I will be notified when it is validated. It sends the e-mail too. But when I go to validate it, it's not there.

What's happening? I've tried it in Static, Dynamic, and PHP with the same problem.
Quote Reply
Re: [bnjp] Modify not working properly? In reply to
Yes,
sometimes adding in plugins creates some prblems. I had some like that but they were all sorted.

Try uninstalling your plugins one by one and try it. Sometimes the pre/post handle hooks cause problems for unknown reasons. Often a simple re-install fixes things equally for unknown reasons.

That is possibly the only advice anyone would give. You have to find whatever it is that is causing the problem, and it is trial and error. Every time you add in a plug-in ALWAYS thoroughly test out your system, test every function. Install one at a time - and test each time.

Last edited by:

Gypsypup: Mar 9, 2004, 3:46 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [bnjp] Modify not working properly? In reply to
Are you definitely going to 'Validate Changes' and not 'Validate Links'?
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Modify not working properly? In reply to
In Reply To:
Are you definitely going to 'Validate Changes' and not 'Validate Links'?

That's It! Thanks! I've been using Links 2.0 for a few years now and modifications and additions show up together there. I was using the links on the admin home which didn't include "validate changes"

Thanks again!