Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Don't require validation on reviews

Quote Reply
Don't require validation on reviews
Hi,

Perhaps I've missed some simple setup option... How do I allow registered users to submit reviews on links and have them not require validation (I just want the reviews to go up, since I've got them sorted by "helpfulness" anyway...).

I like validation being required on adding links, if there's any connection between the two.

I've thought of going in and changing the code so that it shows all reviews, validated or not, but I'd like to avoid going the code modification way if it's not necessary.

Hey, while I'm here, anyone know how to get the link being reviewed to display on the review results page when there are NO reviews?

Thanks!

Stephen
Quote Reply
Re: [biketrials] Don't require validation on reviews In reply to
Hi,

Fraid this isn't an option right now. We will add this option into the next release. In the meantime, you can edit admin/Links/User/Review.pm and in sub _add_this_review, change:

$input->{Review_Validated} = 'No';

to:

$input->{Review_Validated} = 'Yes';

to default all reviews to being validated (and when you upgrade next there will be an option for it).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Don't require validation on reviews In reply to
Thanks!
Quote Reply
To get the link to show up if you have no reviews, you will need to edit Review.pm (this is the one core file that I have made major modifications to as it only seems to be half finished).

Find this section (I'm not sure what it looked like before as I don't have an original copy of Review.pm to hand).

# Return if no results.
$review_hits or do {
print $IN->header();
my $return = {
error => Links::language('REVIEW_NORESULTS'),
%$rec,
};
print Links::SiteHTML::display ('review_search_results',$return);
return;
};

(Hopefully this might be added to the next version?)

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Don't require validation on reviews In reply to
Thanks a lot, Laura! That worked great!

You said you modified review.pm quite a bit... What are your other modifications?

Stephen
Quote Reply
Mainly I modified it so that the search works - i.e. you can search reviews. But several other things aswell - I've changed the review ratings so they are from 1-10 so I can show an average rating from the ratings and the reviews and I've also changed it so that reviews can be edited by the author without the helpfulness rating being deleted - this just seemed sensible on my site but I know that other people didn't want this.