Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Something is wrong with template globals in 2.2.0

Quote Reply
Something is wrong with template globals in 2.2.0
I cannot change template globals. After I made changes, it claimed that changes saved. Then nothing will happen and everything will go back to the old values in those boxes. I read past posts and there was a bug there. Is that supposed to be fixed? I am running Links SQL 2.2.0. Can Andy or some smart one help, please?

Last edited by:

banana: May 13, 2004, 12:42 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [banana] Something is wrong with template globals in 2.2.0 In reply to
Quote:
Can Andy or some smart one help, please?

LOL!

Best bet, is to check that the CHMOD on /admin/templates/default/globals.txt, and /admin/templates/default/local/globals.txt are CHMOD'ed to 666. I seem to remember that the global side of LSQL doesn't have any real error checking (i.e to see if the update was done ok). This normally sorts the problem out for me :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
My permisson is 777 on globals.txt In reply to
Andy:

I used mint template, not default. I set permissions on both files 777. I loaded the template globals first for mint and then begin to change. It says the changes saved, but if I load again, the default values come back again. No changes can be made. The same thing with default template globals.

I did a fresh install, not update. I deleted all my old Links directory and reinstalled the new release. The bug must have come back.

Is there anything else you can think of?

Banana
Quote Reply
can I change template globals manually? In reply to

Quote Reply
Re: [banana] My permisson is 777 on globals.txt In reply to
Are you deleting default globals? I think there is a "bug" (well, more of a limitation), which doesn't let you delete the default globals.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [banana] My permisson is 777 on globals.txt In reply to
Like Andy said you cant remove the default globals. What I do is just remove the code from such defaults then save, this way they don’t clutter up the page with stuff you're not interested in.

--------------------------------
Privacy Software
Quote Reply
Re: [BLOOD] My permisson is 777 on globals.txt In reply to
Yeah, editing the globals.txt file in the /admin/tempset/ folder should do the job.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
No, I did not delete template globals for default templates In reply to
Andy:

Each template such as av or mint has its own set of template globals. You can load them by changing to the name of the template. I did not touch the default globals. I only tried to change mint template globals. The program is supposed to allow me to do that. I know there was a bug with the new release. My download has fix included in templates.pm file. Strange
Quote Reply
Do you mean to say that you change the html files? In reply to
Blood:

What do you mean by changing the code? In what file? Are you talking about html files or perl scripts?
Quote Reply
Re: [banana] No, I did not delete template globals for default templates In reply to
Hi. Its not really a bug. Look at it this way;

/templates/snap/globals.txt
/templates/snap/local/globals.txt

The first one has just the default globals, the second one has all the default globals, and the rest. If you delete them from the 'local' copy, then it still can find them in the /snap/globals.txt file. I think this is where the problem lies, in the fact it seems to read both the default, and local versions of globals.txt.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [banana] Do you mean to say that you change the html files? In reply to
I just mean in the build/Template Globals page. In the Description box, I remove the default codes I dont need.

--------------------------------
Privacy Software